Behind The Attraction (Disney+) | Inside Universal Forums

Behind The Attraction (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
From Dwayne Johnson and his company Seven Bucks Productions, the production company behind Netflix's "The Toys That Made Us", is a show looking at various attractions at Disney Parks, starting with Jungle Cruise. Each hour-long episode will contain rare, archival footage.

This sounds sort of like what I was envisioning back when I said I wished they would do some sort of spinoff documentary of The Imagineering Story to be more focused on individual stuff in the parks. This will be debuting on July 16th.

Disney is coming out with hour long series on how they created various rides starting on July 16.

The topics are:
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Space Mountain
Castles
Disneyland hotel
it's a small world
Monorails/Trains
Hall of Presidents

This is the type of show I was hoping to find on Disney+. Can't wait for this to come out.

Disney is coming out with hour long series on how they created various rides starting on July 16.

The topics are:
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Space Mountain
Castles
Disneyland hotel
it's a small world
Monorails/Trains
Hall of Presidents

This is the type of show I was hoping to find on Disney+. Can't wait for this to come out.
I moved this from the Disney+ thread as I created this thread expecting that on a theme park focused forum, a show about the behind the scenes stuff about theme parks would be interesting to many, just like with The Imagineering Story. This will give people a place to talk about the episodes and how surface level the show is or how deep they're willing to go with the "behind the scenes" stuff, as we did in The Imagineering Story thread.

Reactions: MrBlonde
Ill be watching this on day one of release.
I’ll actually be very interested in how they release this - if they go for a binge model or weekly.

Disney has gone for the binge model a lot with docu-series’ like “Prop Culture”, “Rogue Trip”, “Becoming”, “Meet The Chimps”, ”On Pointe”, and the recent-ish James Cameron hosted/Sigourney Weaver narrated “Secrets of the Whales”.

That all said, with these being hour long episodes and having the parks nostalgia to fall back on, I think it will be weekly. The Imagineering Story was weekly, and so was The Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

They’ve also been doing “Part One” and “Part Two” releases for shows but that’s only been for things with a large number of episodes in the season 1 order.

The topics are:
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Star Tours
Tower of Terror
Space Mountain
Castles
Disneyland hotel
it's a small world
Monorails/Trains
Hall of Presidents

Ugh this means I have to get Disney+ again doesn't it?

I'll be real honest, it's all about HM and ToT for me

Ugh this means I have to get Disney+ again doesn't it?

I'll be real honest, it's all about HM and ToT for me
I hope it's popular too, because this is the type of show that could run for multiple seasons easily if it's anything like The Toys That Made Us in the style of how each episode is made. For instance, there's no episode on Pirates, Big Thunder, Spaceship Earth, Matterhorn, etc.

Reactions: n i c k
I hope it's popular too, because this is the type of show that could run for multiple seasons easily if it's anything like The Toys That Made Us in the style of how each episode is made. For instance, there's no episode on Pirates, Big Thunder, Spaceship Earth, Matterhorn, etc.
I thought we'd see more of things like the Imagineering Story from D+ so maybe this is a step towards that

Reactions: Nick
I thought we'd see more of things like the Imagineering Story from D+ so maybe this is a step towards that
I think the thing is, The Imagineering Story was basically taking a look at all the different parks and their creation and also problems that came along the way. This show seems to want to do a deeper dive into individual attractions, which as I said, means it's a show that could run for many seasons depending how popular it is. After you do a deep dive into the attractions (or also things like Castles and DL Hotel) though, what else left is there for them to do parks-based show on? They've already done two seasons exploiting Disney Fairytale Weddings and a season of The Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom show by NatGeo, which was a cool little show if you actually like spending time looking at the animals at DAK or Epcot.

I just think this is the perfect type of a show to really give us more of what we liked out of The Imagineering Story, but i'm not quite sure there's too much more beyond this to turn into more docuseries. The main thing I can think of would be something like a series simply called "Disney Legends" looking back at the careers of various Disney Legends and their contribution to the company. It wouldn't be strictly parks based, but it would have some imagineers profiled here and there.

Seeing that there's a series for this gives me hope that they can do a full on documentary for Rise of the Resistance, or the Avengers ride, whatever it is and whenever that finishes. It'd be cool to see an attraction be developed as content and then go get to ride it after.

Unfortunately, Spider-Man's Web Slingers would be 30 seconds.

Reactions: n i c k
I’m pretty sure that’s Paget Brewster who is gonna be narrating the whole series too
Oh how the mighty fall. We went from Angela Bassett in The Imagineering Story to this. I'm still gonna watch it, I just feel like she's putting on a "tiny" voice that seems meant to appeal to small kids. At least in that trailer it did.

John Stamos comes to mind as someone who I feel would've been great to narrate a show like this, especially given his genuine love of the parks.

Oh how the mighty fall. We went from Angela Bassett in The Imagineering Story to this. I'm still gonna watch it, I just feel like she's putting on a "tiny" voice that seems meant to appeal to small kids. At least in that trailer it did.

John Stamos comes to mind as someone who I feel would've been great to narrate a show like this, especially given his genuine love of the parks.

Bingo. I am looking forward to this series, but I really hope the tone is more in line with The Imagineering Story than this trailer.

Reactions: belloq87 and Nick
Yeah, the tone of that narration feels very "pander to the kids" way more than anything in THE IMAGINEERING STORY did.
And if that's what the final product is, it'll be extremely disappointing, as "the kids" really aren't going to care about this show.

Although maybe this is going to be such a generic show (like stuff people like us would already know extremely well) and the intent of the show is to pander to the general public and get them excited about the parks? Oh well. At least my expectations have been adjusted in advance.

Well if there's one good thing is I found out that Paget Brewster is coming back as Birdgirl in a new Harvey Birdman spin-off show.