Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best 3D show?

What's your favorite 3D show?

• Total voters
Apr 6, 2014
Rushmore Academy
I was wondering what everybody's favorite 3D (or 4D if you want to get technical) show in Orlando? Post your thoughts below :wave:

- - - Updated - - -

This is really tough for me because I love all of these shows but from a ironic view Captain EO takes the cake for me. Sure other shows are technically better in every way, but as a giant MJ fan who can take in tons of cheesiness, I have a blast everytime I go see it. HOOTER!!!!

Terminator. I love the live interaction and the 3D (especially at the end) is still pretty amazing. A close second is Philharmagic. The little mermaid scene amazes me every time how far out her arms seem to reach.

Tough choice between MuppetVision and Terminator 2. Both have great preshows, both have spectacular main shows, and both have AA/Live actor components.

I went with Terminator though, as it has the better live action component.

Terminator 2, to me, is an almost perfect attraction. It has a great pre-show that sets the mood perfectly while being true to the Terminator franchise...the way the Cyberdyne promo deftly blends optimism with a sense of dread is absolutely fantastic.

The theater portion is also great...disguising the 3-D glasses as safety visors for the weapons demonstration is genius. The live action portion is unique and, the way the live action interacts with the 3-D film is still innovative to this day. The gun shots, the way the T-1000 chokes the hostess and throws her, how the motorcycle comes in and out of the screen...its all just great.

The actual film is well-done too. Its the most expensive film per minute if I remember correctly (basically an unheard-of budget for a 12-minute film) and every penny shows on screen. There are jokes, very well-choreographed fight/chase scenes, and a great pacing that make it such a satisfying experience. Plus, the little things like gusts of wind whenever a plane flies overhead, and strobe lights to simulate gunfire and search-lights, and even that little drop at the end all add to an assault on the senses. And best of all, the 3-D isnt dated like most shows out there...the T-1000000 still looks like its truly cominh out of the screen, even at an angle, and the actual film portion looks like it could have been filmed yesterday.

Obviously I love T2 :lol:. The only problem I have with it are the use of clips from the film in the pre-show (which is otherwise completely believable), and the ambiguity of how the T-100 from Terminator 2 is brought back all of a sudden. Other than that, I think this is one of the best attractions in Florida, period. I love everything about it.

Last edited:
I've seen T2 more times than I can count. Yet, it never gets old (even with Shaq). It really is one of the best attractions in Orlando and it'll be a shame when it goes. All this talk about the future (ironic?) of the attraction, but I just can't see what can replace it. There really is nothing like it.

I am with the majority here with T2:3D. IMHO it is in a different league and the others listed should be compared separately.

Even though my favorite is Captain EO, technically it's Terminator.

I definitely had to vote for T2, definitely the most well integrated effects show I've ever seen. The screen effect gets me every time, it's honestly one of the most shocking effects I've ever seen. I love live shows so the use of both live actors and a movie to tell the story really speak to me. And the story for the show is really great, preshow is pretty dated but other than that the attraction is pretty much timeless, I always love the background acting during the interruption in the preshow, just adds a dimension to the story.

I also really like its tough to be a bug, the cinematography freak in me loves the fact that most of the actual movie is done within one shot. Such a cool idea too, probably my favorite thing in AK

I also really like its tough to be a bug, the cinematography freak in me loves the fact that most of the actual movie is done within one shot. Such a cool idea too, probably my favorite thing in AK

I love it but they have to go digital on that film. It's pretty bad. Actually, I think Muppets has the best pic quality right now out of all the 3D shows in WDW which is pretty sad.

I love it but they have to go digital on that film. It's pretty bad. Actually, I think Muppets has the best pic quality right now out of all the 3D shows in WDW which is pretty sad.
I still think phillharmagic looks passable but I definitely agree. It's incredibly fuzzy and the fact that it'll probably not change by the end of the decade bums me out

I still think phillharmagic looks passable but I definitely agree. It's incredibly fuzzy and the fact that it'll probably not change by the end of the decade bums me out

Philharmagic's picture quality gets better as it goes along.