1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Best and Quiet Rest Areas in Universal

Discussion in 'Trip Reports, Planning, & Questions' started by David Kern, May 22, 2019.

1. David Kern

David Kern Newcomer

Hey there, My husband and I are going to Universal this December. My husband has some anxiety issues with crowds. Ive been going to WDW for years and know of all the spots there to make things work for him to have breaks away from the crowds. We are planning to go Dec 9-14, which has crowd level 2-3, so that way the crowds are low.

Question: Where in the parks at Universal are some of the best resting spots to get away from crowds?

2. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Good news is there will be very few people there. Here's some places I recommend in the parks to escape to:
    • Central Park by the lagoon in USF
    • Pathways along the lagoon in IOA (behind Mythos, across from Spider-man, and behind Popeye)
    • CityWalk is usually less crowded in the afternoon too, this is within walking distance to the parks

Journey_On and David Kern like this.
  3. Ultimate17

Ultimate17 Rookie

Areas by the lagoon at IOA near the port of entry are awesome as well. You get some noise from the Hulk coaster, but not many people, if any.
    Tables outside of Lombards near London waterfront are great and typically the tables by the water near Duff bar in Springfield are quiet.

Journey_On, David Kern and Joe like this.
  4. David Kern

David Kern Newcomer

Thanks guys for these tips! In the same area of my original question, are the smoking areas easy to find? My husband and I both smoke and that would be good for him to have a place to take a break as well.

5. Disneyhead

Disneyhead Veteran Member

Yeah, the smoking areas are marked on the park maps and easy to find.

Mad Dog and David Kern like this.
  6. David Kern

David Kern Newcomer

Thanks! I looked it up on the app and it showed me the areas. So I was able to mark those into the scheduled places to stop.

7. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Add in the back of kid zone in Usf. Quiet place to sit and watch the kids play

GadgetGuru likes this.
  8. Stryker

Stryker Rookie

Sounds creepy for two adults with no kids.

Suprachica79 likes this.
  9. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Yeah, I thought about that but I got over it when I realized I paid the same money as they did with the same rights of access. As long as you aren't staring or approaching someone's kids there should not be an issue.

Journey_On and Mad Dog like this.
  10. Stryker

Stryker Rookie

For the record, I'm not accusing you of making any ill-advised comment. I guess I was just thinking out loud. It just made me think of SeaWorld's policy of "No adults without kids, no kids without adults" policy. Not sure if that's still a thing, but it was at one point. It was at least for SeaWorld San Diego.

I agree that as long as you don't draw any attention to yourself by staring or approaching kids, there shouldn't be an issue.

11. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Well I wouldn't crawl into the ballpit....