Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best and Quiet Rest Areas in Universal

May 21, 2019
Harrisburg, PA
Hey there, My husband and I are going to Universal this December. My husband has some anxiety issues with crowds. Ive been going to WDW for years and know of all the spots there to make things work for him to have breaks away from the crowds. We are planning to go Dec 9-14, which has crowd level 2-3, so that way the crowds are low.

Question: Where in the parks at Universal are some of the best resting spots to get away from crowds?

Hey there, My husband and I are going to Universal this December. My husband has some anxiety issues with crowds. Ive been going to WDW for years and know of all the spots there to make things work for him to have breaks away from the crowds. We are planning to go Dec 9-14, which has crowd level 2-3, so that way the crowds are low.

Question: Where in the parks at Universal are some of the best resting spots to get away from crowds?

Good news is there will be very few people there. Here's some places I recommend in the parks to escape to:
  • Central Park by the lagoon in USF
  • Pathways along the lagoon in IOA (behind Mythos, across from Spider-man, and behind Popeye)
  • CityWalk is usually less crowded in the afternoon too, this is within walking distance to the parks

Thanks guys for these tips! In the same area of my original question, are the smoking areas easy to find? My husband and I both smoke and that would be good for him to have a place to take a break as well.

Yeah, I thought about that but I got over it when I realized I paid the same money as they did with the same rights of access. As long as you aren't staring or approaching someone's kids there should not be an issue.

For the record, I'm not accusing you of making any ill-advised comment. I guess I was just thinking out loud. It just made me think of SeaWorld's policy of "No adults without kids, no kids without adults" policy. Not sure if that's still a thing, but it was at one point. It was at least for SeaWorld San Diego.

I agree that as long as you don't draw any attention to yourself by staring or approaching kids, there shouldn't be an issue.

For the record, I'm not accusing you of making any ill-advised comment. I guess I was just thinking out loud. It just made me think of SeaWorld's policy of "No adults without kids, no kids without adults" policy. Not sure if that's still a thing, but it was at one point. It was at least for SeaWorld San Diego.

I agree that as long as you don't draw any attention to yourself by staring or approaching kids, there shouldn't be an issue.

Well I wouldn't crawl into the ballpit....