Best Bars at Universal? | Inside Universal Forums

Best Bars at Universal?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

fryoj

V.I.P. Member
May 19, 2013
I'm sure there's a thread for this somewhere, but the search terms are too common to find it if it is there. Feel free to point me that way if it does exist.

We are going to be at Universal for a few days next month and I'd like to see what people considered the best bars on property. Mainly I'm just looking for cool places to hang out and have a few drinks in the evening. It can be in park, Citiwalk, or the hotels.

Most are worth a visit but some of the favs are Strongwater, Bar 17, Finn's, Backwater and Velvet Lounge. Don't know if Backwater is operating normally or if the seating is still gone.

Where are you staying? Might change to include something there.

Staying at hard rock, but I figure all of the resorts are fair game.

The Palm has a very small bar that is fun in the afternoon but Velvet bar is the place. Get over to the other end , hit a couple, (American Bar at RPR, Strongwater, Bar17) , then take the boat to Citywalk, upstairs to Toothsome for chocolate stout and on to the HR

Beachclub at HRH is my favorite resort pool bar, so you have that covered.

If you want to do any resort hopping, StrongWater is a great rum bar with a great tappas (sp?) menu and great outdoor seating with a great view. Cannot recommend it enough.

Last edited:
Rising Star!

not really a chill or relaxing bar, but a fun place to watch people sing karaoke with a live 7 piece band behind them. Very cool. Also, the outdoor patio at Pat O’s is a nice hangout spot.

Not to derail OP, but I’m not a big liquor person, so does anyone have a good rec for largest beer/wine selections outside of NBC Sports?

Reactions: fryoj
Most are worth a visit but some of the favs are Strongwater, Bar 17, Finn's, Backwater and Velvet Lounge. Don't know if Backwater is operating normally or if the seating is still gone.

Where are you staying? Might change to include something there.
This is pretty much the answer. While not technically a bar, Watering Hole used to be really nice for just chilling, but I imagine Velocicoaster changed that. We used to hit it up all the time when Merrik was still there.

Reactions: fryoj and JoeCamel