Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best liquor store near Universal Orlando

amityboattours

Premium Member
Apr 1, 2010
York, England
Hey guys, looking for some local knowledge on the cheapest/best/closest liquor store near Universal Orlando? We usually stock up on room beers at the nearby Wal-Mart Supercenter, but I don't believe they sell vodka and other spirits there?
Thanks in advance!

Total Wine is the best, but if you don't feel like dealing with I-4, Publix on Sand Lake has a decent liquor store (not the largest selection, but fair prices) and there is a decent independent one next to CVS across the street, tho it specializes more in wine.

If you don't take Scott's suggestion there is a Walgreens across Kirkman from the park that has what you are looking for. A trip to the store by the mall might save a few dollars if you have a car.

If you’re travelling from the U.K., would you not be cheaper to stock up at the duty free?
I did have this thought, but the days when duty free represents a good deal are seemingly well and truly over. The prices on the World Duty Free website (the main shop at all UK airports) aren't even as good as any of the UK supermarkets offer on spirits these days. An example of this is a bottle of Bailey's on their site at £14 that UK ASDA are currently doing for £10.
I've done a similar check on US liquid store prices and they definitely appear cheaper there now too than Duty Free prices.

The last few times I was in duty free it was 2 for £20 but it will vary from time of year and airport to airport. You could always go to Asda and just put it in your case. Save you a trip out but if you’re heading out anyway, it doesn’t really make much of a difference.

The last few times I was in duty free it was 2 for £20 but it will vary from time of year and airport to airport. You could always go to Asda and just put it in your case. Save you a trip out but if you’re heading out anyway, it doesn’t really make much of a difference.
Considered putting a few bottles in the case wrapped in clothes, but if one gets broken by the baggage 'lobbers', I don't fancy 2 weeks of smelling (more than usual) like smirnoff! :ay:

The best price and selection is Total Wine near the Mall@Millinia, but it is a little farther away. There is a liquor store within walking distance, albeit a long walk, from Universal at the Walgreens across Kirkman. If you are looking for Vodka they will have what you need.