Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best Off-Site Hotel Near Universal?

May 11, 2016
Which is the best not on-site hotel for a one night stay at universal?
I need a one night hotel for the night we arrive.
Checking into hard rock the next day. I know a few off-site claim to be walking distance to city walk. But which ones really are?
Thank you

I've stayed at the Hilton DoubleTree on Major Blvd. in the past.

10-15 minute walk to CityWalk. Once you negotiate traffic and cross Major (it's pretty busy most the day, but there is a safe crossing), you're on resort property in minutes. You walk right by Portofino Bay and Hard Rock Hotel.

When I stay off site (which is almost never) I usually stay at the Best Western down near Wet N Wild. Not exactly walking distance to Citywalk, however they do have a free shuttle to Citywalk (or they did last time I stayed there for a night last fall). The onsite restaraunt is surprisingly very good... Their lamb chops are to die for.

If we are staying off site for universal always either doubletree (nice and walking distance) or embassy suites (nice, cheap, some pretty decent perks)

Which is the best not on-site hotel for a one night stay at universal?
I need a one night hotel for the night we arrive.
Checking into hard rock the next day. I know a few off-site claim to be walking distance to city walk. But which ones really are?
Thank you

The Rosen by Universal is great but it's a longer walk, so you may wanna take an Uber/Taxi.

For walking distance, the Hyatt across from Universal was good, and of course the DoubleTree is fine for a one night stay.

I've stayed at the Hilton DoubleTree on Major Blvd. in the past.

10-15 minute walk to CityWalk. Once you negotiate traffic and cross Major (it's pretty busy most the day, but there is a safe crossing), you're on resort property in minutes. You walk right by Portofino Bay and Hard Rock Hotel.

That sounds pretty perfect. Ive never actually been to portofino.

The Rosen by Universal is great but it's a longer walk, so you may wanna take an Uber/Taxi.

For walking distance, the Hyatt across from Universal was good, and of course the DoubleTree is fine for a one night stay.

We just need the one night. Didnt feel like paying hard rock rates for a night that is just waiting for my daughters friend to arrive

The Hyatt Place is great, or if you don't mind something that's not walking distance the Hampton Inn on Kirkman has been renovated with in the past few years and is very very good, too.

When I stay off site (which is almost never) I usually stay at the Best Western down near Wet N Wild. Not exactly walking distance to Citywalk, however they do have a free shuttle to Citywalk (or they did last time I stayed there for a night last fall). The onsite restaraunt is surprisingly very good... Their lamb chops are to die for.
Have stayed here a few times for around $55 per night. A real bargain.

now I'm torn. I am finding rates of about $90 for Rosen and the Best Western. We are really just crashing for the night, getting up and moving over to Hard Rock. I'm liking the free breakfast at Best Western, makes our morning move a little less hectic.

Thanks for all the information. I booked The Rosen Inn for our one waiting day on the 14th. Room was crazy cheap $68 with tax.

Thanks for all the information. I booked The Rosen Inn for our one waiting day on the 14th. Room was crazy cheap $68 with tax.

Awesome! Hope you enjoy the night stay. My most often booked hotel when I visited was several of the Rosen spots along I-Drive. Never had a problem wither any of them.

Have fun!

Awesome! Hope you enjoy the night stay. My most often booked hotel when I visited was several of the Rosen spots along I-Drive. Never had a problem wither any of them.

Have fun!

It's one night. Depending on our flight time we may literally just be going straight to bed. We have to pick up my daughter's best friend at the airport on the 15th. To calm her mother about putting her kid on a 2500 mile flight alone I promised to arrive in Orlando the day before.

A wise choice. I've stayed at Pointe Orlando and International. They're basic but clean and comfortable and great value for what you get.