Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best Shooting Attraction: TSM, Buzz, MiB

Which "shooting" attraction is your favorite?

• Toy Story Midway Mania

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Men In Black: Alien Attack

Votes: 121 80.1%
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Jakemeister

Premium Member
Feb 1, 2008
Central, Fl
There was a lot of discussion about which one was individuals favorites. So let's keep up the discussion.

Which one is your pick? Why?

For me it's a tie between Toy Story and Men In Black. I love both for various reasons.

Toy Story because the 3D screens can continually be upgraded when needed for sequels, holidays, and things of the ilk. The experience changes here and there which I like a lot. Only downside is the inability to cheat like you can on MIB. Not that I'd do that :sneaky:

MIB, hands down for me.
Have yet to do TSM and Buzz was fun but I like the overall feel of MIB.
On a side note, I recently did the Boo Blasters at Kings Island and it sucked out loud. We have great shooters and can in no way be compared to that thing. Oh yeah and they charge you $1 for the cheap paper 3-D glasses.

MIB, hands down for me.
Have yet to do TSM and Buzz was fun but I like the overall feel of MIB.
On a side note, I recently did the Boo Blasters at Kings Island and it sucked out loud. We have great shooters and can in no way be compared to that thing. Oh yeah and they charge you $1 for the cheap paper 3-D glasses.

Haven't done TSM? Don't fret. Rent it for Wii. I never even knew an attraction called Boo Blasters existed.

Just by sheer funnes, size and scope, MIB wins period.

Yes TSM is 3D and can be upgraded, but in hindsight, as a whole its a room with tvs and you shoot at them, 3D or not, its kinda bland, its fun, but I have more fun on MIB.

Haven't done TSM? Don't fret. Rent it for Wii. I never even knew an attraction called Boo Blasters existed.

I first noticed this ride while on a Sally Corp tour, the manufacturers of the ride, and thought it would be fun to ride and I love shooters. So i was really stoked to know I would get the chance to check it out.
BBs is in Cincinnati Ohio at Kings Island and you shoot at Ghosts, but they have targets on the bases that you have to hit.
Not very thrilling, it is a family ride, and looking for the targets takes away from the ride as well as the under whelming 3-D and it all adds up to a major disappointment.

Just by sheer funnes, size and scope, MIB wins period.

Yes TSM is 3D and can be upgraded, but in hindsight, as a whole its a room with tvs and you shoot at them, 3D or not, its kinda bland, its fun, but I have more fun on MIB.

Plus on MIB you can blast your own car and have people think you're some kind of hot shot, haha. I know TSM is just a room with TVs but I feel more connected to Toy Story and I like the variety it offers. It was pretty genius to make a ride so simple that, measured by demand and line-length, ended up being so flipping successful. The downside is that, because of said line-length, I rarely ever ride it anymore. I'm glad it's on Wii because the lines for TSM are sick long. No thanks.

I highly disagree with the statement that TSMM is bland. The que alone is one of the best in the industry. The attraction could be more intimate, I agree but it's easily one of the best "shooting" attractions in the industry. If you aren't a fan of 3D I can understand that but to say it's just a room with TVs is so far from the truth. That's like saying Simpsons Ride is just a car that moves around while you watch a movie.

Personally I really like that TSMM is more challenging. I've NEVER seen 999,999 on the high score of the day, or of the week for that matter. It's easy for everyone to enjoy but it's extremely challenging even if you are a veteran of these sorts of attractions.

I'm not saying anything against MIB it is still my favorite but I have to wonder that if I rode TSMM first if it would be my favorite. I seriously enjoy both attractions but I have more memories with MIB so that's more of why it's my fave.

And no love for Buzz? I'm a little surprised that it's not anyones favorite but I'm not shocked.

I love TSMM but I'm gonna give to the edge to MIB because I don't have half the attraction on my Wii. Physical sets will always win over screen-based attractions for me, save for the brilliant Spider-Man of course.

I love all 3, but I went with MiB because of it's "real world" setting. TSM is second because it's just so freakin' fun and a graet challenge.

I love TSMM but I'm gonna give to the edge to MIB because I don't have half the attraction on my Wii. Physical sets will always win over screen-based attractions for me, save for the brilliant Spider-Man of course.

MIB wins for me also due to the physical sets and the overall story of the attraction. And Spidy is both a set and screen based attraction its not just screens like TSMM is. I fell I can achieve the same effects of the ride with a chair with wheels, a squirt gun, and my wii. Where as MIB seems like a new challenge every time I ride it.

MIB wins for me also due to the physical sets and the overall story of the attraction. And Spidy is both a set and screen based attraction its not just screens like TSMM is. I fell I can achieve the same effects of the ride with a chair with wheels, a squirt gun, and my wii. Where as MIB seems like a new challenge every time I ride it.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

It depends on if you're talking about Buzz at Disneyland or Buzz at WDW...cuz the Buzz at Disneyland is absolutely amazing and definently ranks up there with MIB. But as far as Florida parks go...ya, MIB all the way. I've been lucky enough to get the alternate "WINNING" ending twice.

I believe I had already went into my thoughts about the queue for TSM in a previous thread, but let me recap: One of best queues I've been in. Succeeds brilliantly at making you feel toy sized and I love how the load area is Andy's room. Unfortunately I feel like the ride itself is generally un-themed or neutrally themed (woooow, blacklights...I'm so impressed *slow clap*)

And yes....yes I am :sneaky:

Last edited:
MIB wins. Flawless victory.

There's no contest. MIB destroys the other two in all aspects. The sets in MIB are massive and some of the best for any ride in Orlando, shooting ride or not. The animatronics are great, and the queue is spectacular.

TSMM comes in second, but it's a distant one. The ride itself is fun, but it's so bare bones. It's nothing but 3-D screens surrounded by 2-D sets painted in blacklight paint, which they try to hide by making you spin. The queue is good, but nothing spectacular.

Ad Buzz...well at this point Buzz is basically a glorified carnival game.

Queue wise, I would have to go with TSM; it's absolutely enchanting to see all your old toys in huge form, and I think Imagineers did a great job with it, especially with the Mr. Potato Head animatronic! Buzz's queue is just... there I guess, and MiB's is really, really well done (I mean really), but for me it cannot live up to TSM's queue.

Ride wise, MiB completely, hands down, no argument. Buzz is fun and I like doing it, but I was absolutely let down with TSM's ride experience. I did not find the shooting system easy-to-use (it feels as though your arm is about to fall off, sheesh), and the virtual aspect just doesn't do it for me. It was a big disappointment for me, just like Nemo's takeover at The Seas. Like I said, Buzz is fun, and it's got some cool sets and whatnot, but the entire aspect of the HUGE and extensive sets and awesome spinning and multi-layered storyline and whatnot of MiB is absolutely grand.

MiB for me.

MIB does win for me. It's just such a fun and awesome experience. I think the shorter lines also help it be better. That being said, I do think TSMM is a close second for me. The queue, while ridiculous long, is also ridiculously cool. I think the Toy Story characters will have great staying power, and this attraction does a great job of putting you into their world. Buzz, really isn't great at this point. But I do give it props for being the first.

My problem with MIB is that it isn't challenging anymore. If both MIB and TSM were to open simultaneously I'd have picked MIB but they weren't. I know every inch of MIB. There are just no surprises anymore. I don't ride TSM enough to feel the challenge being stripped. That and they already have scenes in the ride that I haven't even played through yet (Rex and Trixie?).

TSM is ok, but after a few rides i got kind of tired of it. It's like, as many have already said, like a glorified video game with 3D.
Buzz is just....meh.

As for Mib, JungleSkip pretty much summed up my thoughts! :thumbs:

MIB wins. Flawless victory.

There's no contest. MIB destroys the other two in all aspects. The sets in MIB are massive and some of the best for any ride in Orlando, shooting ride or not. The animatronics are great, and the queue is spectacular.

TSMM comes in second, but it's a distant one. The ride itself is fun, but it's so bare bones. It's nothing but 3-D screens surrounded by 2-D sets painted in blacklight paint, which they try to hide by making you spin. The queue is good, but nothing spectacular.

And Buzz...well at this point Buzz is basically a glorified carnival game.

Spot on. Sums up my feelings of the attractions perfectly too.