Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Best Simulator in Orlando?

Best Simulator?

• Mission: Space

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Votes: 22 31.0%
  • Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • The Simpsons Ride

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Wild Arctic

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Soarin

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
Nov 15, 2012
NYC
Between the 6 and a half (Polar Express/Wild Arctic) simulators in Orlando, which is your favorite? When I mean simulator, I don't mean motion based ride (Spiderman, Dinosaur, FJ).

Last edited:
While I love The Simpsons Ride, Star Tours wins with it's alternate story lines and better queue (but not as funny!).

Maybe it's because I'm also a bigger Star Wars fan than a Simpsons fan.

If it weren't for Despicable Me, I'd certainly vote for Star Tours. They're both phenomenal rides. Mission Space really doesn't have much going for it, no matter which intensity you prefer (orange ftw!). The Simpsons Ride is fun, but not ground-breaking. I've ridden Wild Arctic once, and it never stuck with me.

Does Soarin' count? I hate most simulators, but I enjoy Soarin'.

Yes and no. It tilts side to side, but it's not really a simulator (Theme Park Insider considers it a show, so there's that). I'm really surprised Despicable Me is in the lead, I would have expected Star Tours (AKA my favorite ride anywhere) to bein the lead.

I'm a bigger fan of Simpsons than I am of Star Wars but.. because of Star Tours' re-rideability, higher definition picture, and better sound, I'm going to have to go with that. :ears:

Yes and no. It tilts side to side, but it's not really a simulator (Theme Park Insider considers it a show, so there's that). I'm really surprised Despicable Me is in the lead, I would have expected Star Tours (AKA my favorite ride anywhere) to bein the lead.

I respect that your favorite attraction is Star Tours, but how? At the end of the day, it's a screen and your car tilts side to side...

Soarin counts. Added to the poll.

Thanks!!

The thing about simulators is that they always feel fake to me. They always fail in simulation. Despicable Me, although funny and greatly themed, I still feel like I'm sitting a car moving to a screen. Same goes with Star Tours, Simpsons and Wild Arctic. Mission Space is just kind of meh, and Soarin' is the only one that I try to hit when I go to the parks. What can I say, I love the orange smell... :lol:

I respect that your favorite attraction is Star Tours, but how? At the end of the day, it's a screen and your car tilts side to side...

1. Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie of all time, so there's that.
2. The C3PO anamatronic is gorgeous.
3. It's Star Wars,
4. The queue is one of the best anywhere.
5. It's Star Wars.
6. The facade is great.
7. It's Star Wars.
8. It has the most re-rideability of any ride.

Did I mention it's Star Wars?

You just described most simulators.

My favorite is Star Tours as well, just because of the cabin design and pre-show allows me to actually believe I am in a spaceship.