Best Theme Park Entrance? | Inside Universal Forums

Best Theme Park Entrance?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which park has the best entrance?

• Magic Kingdom's Main Street U.S.A.

Votes: 26 28.9%
  • Universal's Islands of Adventure's Port of Entry

Votes: 55 61.1%
  • Epcot's Future World

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Universal Studios Florida's Production Central

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney's Hollywood Studios' Hollywood Boulevard

• SeaWorld Orlando

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom's Oasis

• Total voters
Nov 21, 2012
Florida
All of the theme parks in the Orlando area have a grand entrance, that is usually amazing themed and detailed like the rest of the park, and has an park "icon" that draws guests in.

For example, guests enter under the train station at Magic Kingdom, and on the other side is Main Street U.S.A. that is dominated by Cinderella's Castle. Another example would be Universal's Islands of Adventure's lighthouse that beckons guests to the park entrance, where they embark on their adventure through the Port of Entry.

But which one of these theme park entrances is the most enticing? The most grand? Simply the best?

Last edited:
Tough call for me between Hollywood Boulevard and Port of Entry, but I went with Hollywood because I don't see it getting a lot of love. I really love the old style buildings, and all the neon.

If we were going with world wide, my choices would either be DLP's Main Street USA or DCA's Buena Vista Street.

Port of Entry just has that special feeling I can't grasp or put a finger on. It's just the combination of the music, the design, the atmosphere, the grandness, the theme. It just all works together and is aesthetically pleasing to me. Fills me with delight. (Pardon my cheese) Don't get me wrong, I'm still filled with different sensations of nostalgia, etc. at the others, this one is just the most magical to me.

Im going with the Holy Land entrance :lol: JK.

Main Street at the Magic Kingdom is by favorite. It just has that special feeling for me every time I walk into the park.

I have yet to experience the same feeling that I felt when I was younger and walking through the Port of Entry. My first time to IOA the port gave me that feeling of unlimited potential for fun at the park. So it has my vote.

A lot can be said about Main Street USA though. As I've gotten older I've grown to appreciate the design and aesthetics of it... but when I was a kid I didn't care and just zipped right through it to Tomorrowland.

A lot can be said about Main Street USA though. As I've gotten older I've grown to appreciate the design and aesthetics of it... but when I was a kid I didn't care and just zipped right through it to Tomorrowland.

I did the same exact thing :lol: Could have cared less what was on Main Street as a kid.

SeaWorld. just because I doubt anyone else will vote for it. All though I like the light house and seals the entrance to SW (and BGT also) could use a face lift.

It is EPCOT for me, without a doubt. I know I'm in a very small minority, but I kind of like the Leave a Legacy stones and think they add a touch of grandness to the entrance by narrowing your focus straight up to SSE (plus, there are some cool moments/views if wander around inside them). Walking up to and under SSE just does something to/for me that nothing else quite does. Part of it is also the history and concept behind the park, and knowing how great it was and how great it could be, despite its current state. Just bring back the glass centerpiece for the fountain and the entrance would be perfect (I know, it was sold, make a new one!).

Maybe DHS without the hat, but I simply can't vote for it with the atrocity sitting in front of the Chinese theatre.

In my opinion, nothing can top the look of turning the corner and seeing Cinderella's castle down Main Street at Magic Kingdom though.

Although Port of Entry doesn't have a real wow moment like when you see Cinderella Castle (sorry Discovery Center/now Hogwarts in the distance), it's just so rich in detail and picturesque that to me it's the most successful entrance.

I loved Main Street when I was a kid. Because, well, it was Main Street and not a glorified Disney strip mall

I just didn't pay it much attention as a kid. It was all about running (speed walking) to Space Mountain and the other rides as fast as my little feet would let me :lol; I always did love it all lit up at night though.

There is literally nothing like the aura I encounter when standing in Port of Entry. Every other theme park entrance can go home; sorry I'm not sorry.

Last edited:
Top 3

Port of Entry IOA
Main St USA
DCA-Really liked the new entrance!

Least favorites
Epcot
DHS
BGT

Gotta go with Port of Entry - the soundtrack alone puts it head and shoulders above some of the others listed. Main Street is great but has somehow lost some of its grandeur with me... perhaps it's too clogged for my taste. Port of Entry is short and sweet, Main Street feels very elongated. The reveal of the Castle is wonderful, though.

Hollywood Boulevard would have a serious fighting chance if the Sorcerer's Hat wasn't there... I absolutely adore that theming and the Grand Chinese Theater. Maybe someday.