Best Time to Visit Disney | Inside Universal Forums

Best Time to Visit Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jun 23, 2009
Douglasville,GA
Hey guys, I feel like i'll get the best answer here . I'm planning on going to Disney World at the end of the year with my gf and I want to know the best time. I have been to Universal annually for the past 7 years but I haven't been to Disney in a decade. I was thinking the week of thanksgiving or later in January. I know the crowds are kinda high in the winter but when would be the best time to visit crowd wise?

Also how far in advance should I book the room? Any advice is appreciated

Hey guys, I feel like i'll get the best answer here . I'm planning on going to Disney World at the end of the year with my gf and I want to know the best time. I have been to Universal annually for the past 7 years but I haven't been to Disney in a decade. I was thinking the week of thanksgiving or later in January. I know the crowds are kinda high in the winter but when would be the best time to visit crowd wise?

Also how far in advance should I book the room? Any advice is appreciated

The good news with their tier pricing system is that it tips you off on what days Disney expects to be busy. You should try to shoot for the week after Thanksgiving.

I always say mid to end September and most of October, Mid January through much of February avoid any holidays.

Another good indicator is to just look at school calendars, if there's no school avoid that time.

Reactions: cameronw99
Post Labor Day in September and Mid January to end of first week of February

I always say mid to end September and most of October, Mid January through much of February avoid any holidays.

Another good indicator is to just look at school calendars, if there's no school avoid that time.
Last year October was way more crowded than past Octobers. Seems a lot of school districts have started to schedule their school year earlier, are now scheduling a fall break in October. I was there for two weeks last October and the crowds were crazy busy. Mostly 8 through 10's on TP scale.

Super helpful guys. Based on what you're telling me I'm leaning towards mid to late January I think. We plan on staying at one of the cheaper resorts. How far in advance should we book the rooms?

Reactions: Mad Dog
How far in advance should we book the rooms?
That depends. If you want to have lots of leeway with FastPass+ reservations then you should book your room around 60 days before visiting. On-site resort guests get to reserve FastPasses 30 days earlier than everyone that doesn't. This is nice because FastPasses for rides with long waits like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Peter Pan's Flight run out very quickly. Also, the least crowded month of the year is September.

Super helpful guys. Based on what you're telling me I'm leaning towards mid to late January I think. We plan on staying at one of the cheaper resorts. How far in advance should we book the rooms?

Pack (and hope) for bone-chilling cold. A surprising number of tourists bring only shorts, make a mass exodus from the parks as soon as the sun goes down. If you can stay until close, 3 or 4 hours of minimal waits.