General Reality TV Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

General Reality TV Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This meme on the Big Brother subreddit about the Safety Suite killed me:

TW3hZWA.png

And honestly, I'm kinda shocked at how good of a read Christmas has on the house here:

I feel like this week has gotten painful to watch fast :lol: It's a trainwreck how bad everyone's reads are right now (especially the Nicoles). Memphis has taken the villain role and it won't be sustainable at all. The house's over-the-top fear of Janelle has gotten out of hand. And so on. Nicole A. is specifically going to look back on this week and absolutely cringe at her reads, specifically:

h1kepw8j2nh51.jpg

I feel like this week has gotten painful to watch fast :lol: It's a trainwreck how bad everyone's reads are right now (especially the Nicoles). Memphis has taken the villain role and it won't be sustainable at all. The house's over-the-top fear of Janelle has gotten out of hand. And so on. Nicole A. is specifically going to look back on this week and absolutely cringe at her reads, specifically:

h1kepw8j2nh51.jpg
Memphis is taking a calculated risk by pissing people off and not nominating Janelle or Kaysar or just how he's generally handled things. BUT Memphis also isn't stupid. Memphis knows that Janie and Kaysar will never put him up, so his bases are clear there, and he's taking the risk that Janie and Kaysar are bigger targets than himself (and this may or may not work). This is most CERTAINLY an old school gam-approach and the new-scholers don't seem to know how to handle it.

All of that said, he could come out of this crazy week without be on anyones initial noms list (besides David).

Reactions: Tbad556
Memphis is taking a calculated risk by pissing people off and not nominating Janelle or Kaysar or just how he's generally handled things. BUT Memphis also isn't stupid. Memphis knows that Janie and Kaysar will never put him up, so his bases are clear there, and he's taking the risk that Janie and Kaysar are bigger targets than himself (and this may or may not work). This is most CERTAINLY an old school gam-approach and the new-scholers don't seem to know how to handle it.

All of that said, he could come out of this crazy week without be on anyones initial noms list (besides David).

Oh absolutely. He's a smart guy and I would be less worried about his game if I thought this was more of a one-off week of play for him, but he's kinda been aggressive all season thus far. Hard to tell that it'll actually have any impact on him though with this cast and how they've been playing :lol:

And I never her saw her season and I know she was more liked on that one likely because that cast was full of disgusting human beings, but Nicole A. has some of the worst gameplay/reads I've ever seen in BB history right now. It hurts so bad to watch, especially since she seems like such a sweet person.

6pcoxqjcmnh51.jpg

Oh absolutely. He's a smart guy and I would be less worried about his game if I thought this was more of a one-off week of play for him, but he's kinda been aggressive all season thus far. Hard to tell that it'll actually have any impact on him though with this cast and how they've been playing :lol:

And I never her saw her season and I know she was more liked on that one likely because that cast was full of disgusting human beings, but Nicole A. has some of the worst gameplay/reads I've ever seen in BB history right now. It hurts so bad to watch, especially since she seems like such a sweet person.

6pcoxqjcmnh51.jpg
a lot of it has to do with she has a very negative outlook on the game and just sort of resigns to being an outcast. Last year, she had Cliff to balance her negativity with positive energy. This year, Kevin is only feding into her negative energy even futher and they're thinking the absolute worst possible thing because Kevin hates Jaysar (justifiably I might add based on what they've said about him being worthless).

Okay, so I've done some catching up on the live feeds. Still going through last night a bit but here are my thoughts:

So, Day/Bay really seem in the middle and they seem to be screwing it up. Classic Dayvonne, my favorite, UGH!!!! Day set them up perfectly, they have almost all the info about the house, and Day is sharing it like crazy. It may not get back to Dayvonne this week or next week but she can't keep this up. I hope a Jaysar HOH next week makes them switch back to their side but I worry if anything gets back to Janelle, they won't trust Bay/Day anymore. Dayvonee seems happy to spill whatever Janelle shares with her for the most part. She can recover form this but she's gotta slow down and choose a side. Can't play both sides for much longer.

Nicole Anthony, I love her, but she's not cut out for big brother. Feel bad she's having such a hard time but I don't think she's cut out for this so Im glad she's leaving early. Its best for her mental health as well Im sure. Hopefully the cesspool that is BB twitter isn't too hard on her for playing a bad game and having bad reads.

Hope that Janelle/Kaysar win HOH this week. If they can put up Cody/Nicole, it will truly force this house to make some decisions finally as the first 2 weeks have basically been a cluster F of alliance making although almost all of it is without Janelle and Kaysar.

If I'm Janelle and Kaysar, you go to Ian, Day, Bay, Tyler, and Memphis and basically tell them all they have no shot without them. Janelle and Kaysar are loyal to who they are with, they've proved that on 2 seasons, lets go after Nicole/Cody/Dani. Sadly the rest of the house seems to afraid of Janelle and Kaysar. We shall see though, gonna get super interesting soon.

Also, Dayvonne is probably the most genuine person this show has ever cast. Her segment on the Sunday episode nearly made me tear up! Watching Big Brother! God I love her so much she's a blessing to have on this show.

Okay, so I've done some catching up on the live feeds. Still going through last night a bit but here are my thoughts:

So, Day/Bay really seem in the middle and they seem to be screwing it up. Classic Dayvonne, my favorite, UGH!!!! Day set them up perfectly, they have almost all the info about the house, and Day is sharing it like crazy. It may not get back to Dayvonne this week or next week but she can't keep this up. I hope a Jaysar HOH next week makes them switch back to their side but I worry if anything gets back to Janelle, they won't trust Bay/Day anymore. Dayvonee seems happy to spill whatever Janelle shares with her for the most part. She can recover form this but she's gotta slow down and choose a side. Can't play both sides for much longer.

Nicole Anthony, I love her, but she's not cut out for big brother. Feel bad she's having such a hard time but I don't think she's cut out for this so Im glad she's leaving early. Its best for her mental health as well Im sure. Hopefully the cesspool that is BB twitter isn't too hard on her for playing a bad game and having bad reads.

Hope that Janelle/Kaysar win HOH this week. If they can put up Cody/Nicole, it will truly force this house to make some decisions finally as the first 2 weeks have basically been a cluster F of alliance making although almost all of it is without Janelle and Kaysar.

If I'm Janelle and Kaysar, you go to Ian, Day, Bay, Tyler, and Memphis and basically tell them all they have no shot without them. Janelle and Kaysar are loyal to who they are with, they've proved that on 2 seasons, lets go after Nicole/Cody/Dani. Sadly the rest of the house seems to afraid of Janelle and Kaysar. We shall see though, gonna get super interesting soon.

Also, Dayvonne is probably the most genuine person this show has ever cast. Her segment on the Sunday episode nearly made me tear up! Watching Big Brother! God I love her so much she's a blessing to have on this show.
honestly, I hope Day doesn’t vote David out as the tide seems to be turning towards. Nicole Anthony is really pissing me off watching her. Name something she should be doing and she does the opposite.

Janelle, Kaysar, Bay, Christmas, Ian and Day are are all contemplating voting to save her, and she can’t stop with trash talking Janelle and actually wants to call a house meeting to “out them”, even though it’s already gotten out there.

She’s going to end up sitting next to Julie because she can’t fathom the fact that anyone would actually want to be on her side and tbh, I say good riddance at this point.

EDIT:
Just wanted to point out I think Da'vonne and Bayleigh are doing the correct thing here. Cody, Dani, Enzo, etc were all beginning to not trust Bay/Day and vice-versa. Bay & Day are in a much better position with Janelle and Kaysar imo. After Janelle and Kaysar were taken care of, who was the next logical pair to take out? Plus, they were at the bottom of every alliance they were in with Cody and Dani.

Last edited:
honestly, I hope Day doesn’t vote David out as the tide seems to be turning towards. Nicole Anthony is really pissing me off watching her. Name something she should be doing and she does the opposite.

Janelle, Kaysar, Bay, Christmas, Ian and Day are are all contemplating voting to save her, and she can’t stop with trash talking Janelle and actually wants to call a house meeting to “out them”, even though it’s already gotten out there.

She’s going to end up sitting next to Julie because she can’t fathom the fact that anyone would actually want to be on her side and tbh, I say good riddance at this point.

EDIT:
Just wanted to point out I think Da'vonne and Bayleigh are doing the correct thing here. Cody, Dani, Enzo, etc were all beginning to not trust Bay/Day and vice-versa. Bay & Day are in a much better position with Janelle and Kaysar imo. After Janelle and Kaysar were taken care of, who was the next logical pair to take out? Plus, they were at the bottom of every alliance they were in with Cody and Dani.
Nicole doing the opposite of what she needs to do is exactly what last season was every step of the way. Im with you, I like her as person a TON but I'm so done with her. Her reads are terrible and Janelle literally cried she felt so bad about Nicole not trusting her. Nicole A is gonna feel really stupid outside of this game unfortunately.

Day and Bay are in a good spot now with this Slick 6 thing but Dani is what worries me about them, and Day containing to share bits of info throughout the house. Day I think is hoping for these people to gun for each other and she keeps fueling those fires. Just pray it doesn't get back to her. Bayleigh is saving their chances but I just fear its becoming obvious the clear pair in the middle is the 2 of them. We shall see though, it all depends on what info they share really. Them and XMAS are really in the middle of every single thing its kinda fascinating the game is so chaotic right now. Once lines are drawn oh they. are. gonna. be. DRAWN. I cannot wait.

• Haha
Yeah, we can stop with tags. There's only a select amount of people that come in this thread. I'll put spoiler in the title though just to be safe.

He's a new alliance chart which I find to be hilarious and already out of date by at least 2-3 alliances :lol:

Yeah, we can stop with tags. There's only a select amount of people that come in this thread. I'll put spoiler in the title though just to be safe.

He's a new alliance chart which I find to be hilarious and already out of date by at least 2-3 alliances :lol:

Biggest thing you see here, and not unsurprising form this week, Memphis has zero agency in this game lol. Like you don't see Memphis anywhere as I doubt the 6 he created will stay. Very interesting, house is a bit of a mess so Im psyched for this weeks vote. Should be wild.

I'm exhausted just trying to keep track of all of the alliances Cody, Tyler, Dani, Nicole F, and Enzo are in :lol:

I've been rewatching BBCAN2 this past weekend and it's wild how drastically different the gameplay was between the two while watching both simultaneously hah. I really wish BBUS' production team would take some notes from BBCAN in general honestly.

Biggest thing you see here, and not unsurprising form this week, Memphis has zero agency in this game lol. Like you don't see Memphis anywhere as I doubt the 6 he created will stay. Very interesting, house is a bit of a mess so Im psyched for this weeks vote. Should be wild.
However, his HOH reign has been a bit of a win, despite how he’s handled some things. He just sits up in the HOH all day and locks the door and lets all the hamsters scurry in chaos.

This is beneficial for him in the fact that he will only be a target if David wins HOH, likely. Memphis seems to be in a spot to avoid cross fire for at least a few weeks imo.

The two people in the best position are the two winners, both playing some of the quietest games. Nicole and Ian are looking real solid.

I’m impressed with Christmas which I feel is worth noting.

I’m impressed with Christmas which I feel is worth noting.
This bit specifically has shocked me a lot so far this season after reading so much disdain towards her from her OG season. She seems likable and is playing a good game so far.

I'm exhausted just trying to keep track of all of the alliances Cody, Tyler, Dani, Nicole F, and Enzo are in :lol:

I've been rewatching BBCAN2 this past weekend and it's wild how drastically different the gameplay was between the two while watching both simultaneously hah. I really wish BBUS' production team would take some notes from BBCAN in general honestly.
Interestingly, I just started watching BBCAN 7. The house design, comps and the themes every season get are so great. However, I just can’t with the amount of twists BBCAN does :lol:

This bit specifically has shocked me a lot so far this season after reading so much disdain towards her from her OG season. She seems likable and is playing a good game so far.
She broke her leg so early in that season so we never really got to see HER. We got to see a woman looking to advance in the game anyway possible on one leg. So she sucked up to Paul a lot and that’s kinda why people didn’t like her.

We’ve never really seen her compete truly in comps and I think she could be a real beast. Her and Bayleigh are my underdog picks to go far.

I feel like the end is going to come down to something like Tyler and Nicole or something. I think Tyler, Nicole and Enzo will be 3 of the F5 if I had to pick now.

Interestingly, I just started watching BBCAN 7. The house design, comps and the themes every season get are so great. However, I just can’t with the amount of twists BBCAN does :lol:
Honestly, I agree all around lol. Way too many twists, but on top of everything you mentioned, I'd kill for the more Marsha the Moose style quests/sporadic non Veto/HOH weekly comps. It adds a bit of fun to everything and keeps it fresh. I've only seen BBCAN 1-3 though, so not sure how it's evolved, if at all. Looking to start 5 after finishing 2 tonight.

Omg, we have BBCAN watchers on IU, IVE FOUND MY HOME!!!!!

Yes BBCAN does too many twists, often game ruining ones, BUT, almost every other aspect of the show is better than the US version in my opinion. First off, casting. 10x better every season even in BBCAN 7 which id argue is their worst. Arisa Cox (who's now EP!!!!), house design, comps, 5 min longer episodes, it all works better for me as a TV product.

BBUS I feel you HAVE to follow the live feeds almost. Im sure its the same for Canada to an extent but idk, their tv version is really good.

Back to the US though, Nick, I 100% agree on Christmas and Im shocked. She seems so wonderful to be around in every conversation, she's understanding the dynamics pretty well, isn't afraid to put herself out there a little (safety suite) and I totally don't see her being targeted anytime soon. Lets also remember, in all seriousness, XMAS was on painkillers for all of BB19 so, this is maybe the potential BB saw in her. She's not a nobody coming in and doing nothing but she knows her role I feel and is playing it to perfection.

Its interesting. XMAS, Tyler, Enzo, and the winners are I think in the absolute best spot right now. None of them except for Nicole F could I see going anywhere anytime soon.

Memphis though I think has lost respect amongst almost everybody it seems or he's being taken far less seriously. Good for his longterm prospects, but not good for winning chances. Im getting vibes Memphis could end up in the same exact situation he was in in BB10 (losing a jury vote unanimously).

Honestly, I agree all around lol. Way too many twists, but on top of everything you mentioned, I'd kill for the more Marsha the Moose style quests/sporadic non Veto/HOH weekly comps. It adds a bit of fun to everything and keeps it fresh. I've only seen BBCAN 1-3 though, so not sure how it's evolved, if at all. Looking to start 5 after finishing 2 tonight.
Well, 7 still has a very intricate theme and lots of scavenging still. The way Canada does things helps the houseguests from getting overly bored and it also adds an extra element of newness for each season whereas, aside from just changing the way the house actually looks, there's a level of sameness to BB US that isn't there in Canada. A lot of the twists (speaking to the season theme for Canada as a "twist" as everything else they do is a bit much) are actually a bit more intellectual and have game impacts for BB CAN whereas the US version, I feel like most of the time, the twists just screw with the gameplay in bad ways. The Safety Suite this year has been good though since it can only be used once and it gives you a chance to save yourself if you may be in trouble.

Sorry Nick, meant to quote this is my last post and not sure how to edit and format it different.

But dude, 100% gotta watch BBCAN 5. Its my all time favorite Big Brother season and seeing seasons 1-3 is EXACTLY what you need. 8 returning players vs 8 newbies and EVERYONE came to play. Omg I'm jealous you might be watching BBCAN 5 for the first time. Its absolutely stellar.

Memphis though I think has lost respect amongst almost everybody it seems or he's being taken far less seriously. Good for his longterm prospects, but not good for winning chances. Im getting vibes Memphis could end up in the same exact situation he was in in BB10 (losing a jury vote unanimously).
Yeah, it's very possible Memphis gets brought to the end again since he'd definitely lose.

Sorry Nick, meant to quote this is my last post and not sure how to edit and format it different.

But dude, 100% gotta watch BBCAN 5. Its my all time favorite Big Brother season and seeing seasons 1-3 is EXACTLY what you need. 8 returning players vs 8 newbies and EVERYONE came to play. Omg I'm jealous you might be watching BBCAN 5 for the first time. Its absolutely stellar.
Speaking of that season, that split 8 v 8 format put a dream thought into my mind - maybe one day we can get a US v. Canada season with 8 BB US All-Stars going against 8 BB CAN All-Stars.

This would provide the chance for all of the people (the many true all-stars) who backed out of this current AS season to be involved in what i'd consider to be a better one. Of course we'd have to use the Canada house if this is happening though with it being co-hosted by both Arisa Cox and Jule Chen.

Oh to dream....