Blade Runner 2049 | Inside Universal Forums

Blade Runner 2049

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, thanks for posting this. Had no idea of this, looks great. I loved the original movie and this sequel looks great. Also, I had not heard of this director until yesterday, as I was looking up Dune, and found he is set to direct a new film version of that great novel. That being said, having recently finished Dune for the second time, I still find that Lynch's film was great, never understood the hate for it.

Wow, thanks for posting this. Had no idea of this, looks great. I loved the original movie and this sequel looks great. Also, I had not heard of this director until yesterday, as I was looking up Dune, and found he is set to direct a new film version of that great novel. That being said, having recently finished Dune for the second time, I still find that Lynch's film was great, never understood the hate for it.

Definitely give PRISONERS and SICARIO a look. A lot of people fell in love with ARRIVAL, too, but it left me a bit cold (though it's unquestionably well made).

Definitely give PRISONERS and SICARIO a look. A lot of people fell in love with ARRIVAL, too, but it left me a bit cold (though it's unquestionably well made).
Are they scifi type works as well?

I still wonder if the Akira movie will happen, though from what I heard the Ghost in the Shell movie was not too good, so I am not sure how I feel now about an Akira movie. Incidentally I am reading the Akira manga again for the second time, it is even better than I remembered.

Back to Blade Runner, I still need to read the source material. After all these years I've never read Philip K Dick. Last year I finally read Gibson's Neuromancer and did not care much for it. Read Roadside Picnic also last year (Strugatsky brothers) and I liked that a lot. Hoping to get Stanislas Lem soon as well, as I've never read him, but I liked the Solaris movie (the original one by Tarkovsky).

If you do have the opportunity, get/watch the director's cut of Blade Runner. I appreciate the additional scenes and storyline development. Dune has an extended version as well which adds in some of the subplots from the novel as well. That one does show up on cable from time to time, although the commercials make it very looong.

Reactions: anihilnation
If you do have the opportunity, get/watch the director's cut of Blade Runner. I appreciate the additional scenes and storyline development. Dune has an extended version as well which adds in some of the subplots from the novel as well. That one does show up on cable from time to time, although the commercials make it very looong.
Pretty sure I saw both cuts of Blade Runner. Not sure if I ever saw the extended cut of Dune, I know Lynch disliked it, but well, Lynch can be weird lol.

The extended cut was just stuff removed from the original film and stitched back in for the new cut, it was very obvious where the new sequences were as the quality was very lacking, tbh I would like them to do at least a couple of movies just with the first book a trilogy would be better.

Reactions: anihilnation
I was blown away at the quality of this film! Its right up there with the best sci-fi sequels ever including Empire Strikes Back, Aliens and T2. It enhances the original without feeling like a retread and opens up the world in brilliant new ways. Best movie of 2017 so far and a must see if you even remotely enjoy the original.

Saw this last night and it was absolutely excellent. The plot was solid, the cinematography was astounding and the atmosphere throughout the film is brilliant too. Would highly recommend for fans of the original and for those who have never even seen it.

Saw this while down at Disney Springs today, its a gorgeous looking movie and was excellent over all. I will def get this when it comes out on 4k BR