Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blizzard Beach & Typhoon Lagoon

Wth is up with that dude's twitter? o_O

Anyways, glad to see this park is getting some love. Those tube slides on the backside of Blizzard beach are like the best kept secret in the whole park. Glad to see they're moving forward with expansion.

And yet again- all Disney fanboys will laugh at universal instead of Hank them for finally holding Disneys feet to the fire.
Universal's success in Orlando can't even be quantified anymore. At this point what they've done is not only create great experiences for guests at their resort, but become a true competitor in a market where Disney really didn't have much competition until Hogsmeade opened. Only 7 years ago.

EDIT: Back to Blizzard Beach, I think it's worth mentioning that Runoff Rapids, which consists of 3 separate tube slides, has been closed since late January with no re-open in sight (keep in mind that Blizzard Beach reopened from it's 3-month refurb in January).

There has been no work done in the way of fixing these slides since then and supposedly they may not even be fixable. The foundations of the slides are in very rough shape, so while the park could be seeing an expansion, it's also possible that it just ends up as a replacement more or less if they have to tear down these slides.

Last edited:
This could all be a false alarm. Apparently the dirt pile the person took a pic of has been like that for well over a year and there are no permits to point towards expansion either.
This park has many many issues, so I wouldn't expect construction to be a good sign of expansion.

Last edited:
EDIT: Back to Blizzard Beach, I think it's worth mentioning that Runoff Rapids, which consists of 3 separate tube slides, has been closed since late January with no re-open in sight (keep in mind that Blizzard Beach reopened from it's 3-month refurb in January).

There has been no work done in the way of fixing these slides since then and supposedly they may not even be fixable. The foundations of the slides are in very rough shape, so while the park could be seeing an expansion, it's also possible that it just ends up as a replacement more or less if they have to tear down these slides.

The fact this hasn't been reported and shouted from the tops of mountains says a lot about the focus the water parks get. WOW.

The fact this hasn't been reported and shouted from the tops of mountains says a lot about the focus the water parks get. WOW.
Disney tries their best to give them as little focus as possible. The 10-5 hours this summer says a lot. The world's busiest water parks shouldn't have the bare minimum operating hours.

Blizzard has been having a lot of trouble keeping some of those old slides chugging along in recent years. I almost wonder if it'd just be a better solution from a cost perspective to build a completely new water park and shutter BB.

Combined, they're the most attended by a mile. This isn't a "park hopper" issue where they count all clicks. I mean, people aren't hopping water parks in same day most likely- so that's a TON of people to be rolling through there with such minimal hours.

Regarding the potential expansion, agree, false alarm- although if attendence is affected- this could easily be pre-emptive clearing for the offseason.

Combined, they're the most attended by a mile. This isn't a "park hopper" issue where they count all clicks. I mean, people aren't hopping water parks in same day most likely- so that's a TON of people to be rolling through there with such minimal hours.

Regarding the potential expansion, agree, false alarm- although if attendence is affected- this could easily be pre-emptive clearing for the offseason.
The minimal hours says a lot of what they think of the customers. They know people will continue to come no matter what so they save money by reducing the time they spend in the park while raising the price of admission.

Crush n' Gusher is insulted
All three of them.

This is VB related- but the aquacoaster should have been side by side dual and the mat racers should've been a 6 setup (really, 8 would've been ideal).
Those are two decisions i was a little perplexed at

Crush n Gusher is about the most plain, uninspired waterslide (layout wise) that I can think of. Disney needs a Teamboat Springs type hydromagnetic mammoth slide, and they also need to fix their innertube slides (which are arguably the best rides in the entire park). Shame to see they're letting things rot away like this, must be some serious issues that they're dealing with.

Crush n Gusher is about the most plain, uninspired waterslide (layout wise) that I can think of. Disney needs a Teamboat Springs type hydromagnetic mammoth slide, and they also need to fix their innertube slides (which are arguably the best rides in the entire park). Shame to see they're letting things rot away like this, must be some serious issues that they're dealing with.

Disney's been mostly getting their new slides from Whitewater West so they'd need to work with ProSlide.

Disney's been mostly getting their new slides from Whitewater West so they'd need to work with ProSlide.
When you say their "new slides", you mean the two that they've added in 20+ years of these parks being open (almost 30 for Typhoon), right?