Blumhouse: Behind the Screams (HHN 2023) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Blumhouse: Behind the Screams (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really wanted to like this show… and while the lobby exhibits were cool, and the Megans, the rest of the show is a bust. One mildly amusing sight gag and a trailer do not a show make.

It ended so abruptly, no one even realized the show was over. The team members had to tell the guests to exit. That’s not a great sign.

And it’s also disappointing they didn’t incorporate any chair movement at all. So much more could’ve been done.

I can’t imagine this getting good guest feedback. Which worries me, because instead of trying to create a better show, I’m afraid the powers that be will look at that and just decide to give up on putting shows there for HHN at all.
100% agreed. I don’t think the show is a total bust considering the space is being used for something and it’s taking some people off the street.

Another thing that has to be considered is that they really need this to run continuously. In order to do that shows have to be kept short. At least I would imagine they would have to be. Probably 6-7 min max. I feel like they could still do more and incorporate the chair movements.

While I didn’t get to experience it at the time, I was kinda hoping this would be something like the Exorcist 4D show they had at Horror Made Here at Warner Bros. I feel like they could still include some live elements and chair movements into the show as well.

To echo what Alex said (And I love his idea of possibly using it to include Monkeypaw/Jordan Peele content), I see more potential with the concept. I just hope they use likely poor guest feedback to improve the experience rather than just throw the baby out with the bath water.

For the test/first year, it's pretty decent, and I am seeing the M3GAN dance and FNAF props are trending online, but I think there's considerable potential for the space in the future. Just look at how popular HHN Japan's Sadako experience was in their Terminator 2: 3D venue. We'll see whether they choose to keep it as a synergic trailer-like experience, show original films, or try to make it scarier in the future, but this venue has so much potential.