Bob Iger | Inside Universal Forums

Bob Iger

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 14, 2010
Twitter is currently freaking out due to Iniside the Magic reporting that Bob Iger is in the park.

I hear Bob Iger is at Disney’s Hollywood Studios… maybe some truth to the rumor of a Star Wars related announcement tonight…?
https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/status/330797292867158019

Also of note, someone else then "confirms" that he is there to man an annoucment
@Mike_Gaspar: It has been confirm by 2 of my guest Relations manager friends that Bob Iger is here for a Announcement befor the fireworks
https://twitter.com/InsideTheMagic/status/330800500108828672

It would be rather interesting if they did announce something big tonight. I mean there has been some light talk of a Star Wars land, but nothing huge, no talk of attractions that would go there, ect. So it would really be coming out of the blue to the enthusiast community, which is rare.

DHS is doing a special Star Wars fireworks show or are they talking about the announcement coming before Fantasmic?

There isn't one steady rumor. I've heard both. The original one was before the fireworks I believe.

Apparently CMs were told Iger is due to speak before the fireworks at 9:45. Not holding my breath for anything major, but man, would it be nice!

Also, just to add to some speculation, I was tipped off an announcement may happen today a few weeks ago but said nothing because I didn't think they'd announce something this close to D23.

Also, just to add to some speculation, I was tipped off an announcement may happen today a few weeks ago but said nothing because I didn't think they'd announce something this close to D23.

Were you tipped off as to the subject of said announcement or just that there may be an announcement?

It would go a long way with the fans if they announced something (movie or theme park) to fans and not at a press conference. This being a recent addition to the Disney portfolio it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and win over those fans.

Park Management is freaking out because he arrived two hours ago and already is bored with nothing to do.

Park Management is freaking out because he arrived two hours ago and already is bored with nothing to do.

He can get in the standby line for TSM and watch fastpass people walk by. Maybe then he'll realize that 85/15 is not reasonable.