Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian Brushwood

Sledge

VIP Member
Jun 20, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
Is anyone a fan of his? I saw him a long time ago on Leno and thought it was pretty weird, but never really payed attention to him until we saw him at HHN last year. His show has just the right amount of magic and weird tricks to it. The weirdest/sicked thing I've ever seen was when last year he did a trick where he passed a needle through one eye and out the other, which was hard to watch.

I sent him an email last week...

Brian,

Saw your show tonight for the 3rd time this year and we enjoyed it just as much as the first time! It was nice meeting you after the show -- I was the one at the second show of the night talking to you briefly about the YouTube card trick.

I've been a big fan of magic and bizarre tricks ever since I got my first magic kit as a kid. I kind of grew out of it for a few years when it seemed like all the magic I could find was focusing more on the David Blaine-esque "tests of endurance" tricks rather than the stuff that turned all of us onto magic when we were young. Last year I saw you for the first time at Halloween Horror Nights and thought it was amazing. To say it rekindled my love of magic would be an understatement. Since then, I have become a big fan of your's (and Mr. Happy Pants!) and can't get enough Scam School!

I just wanted to say thanks for going out there night after night and putting on a great show that never ceases to entertain us. Like I said, it has definitely brought my love of magic back. Also, thank you for being so approachable! I've had to opportunity to meet various famous people, and so many of them are very ingenuine and come across as inconvenienced that you are even speaking to them. You were the total opposite; appreciative, funny and seemed very down to earth. When I meet someone who seems appreciative of their fans it only makes me an even bigger fan of their's.

Thanks again!

He replied...

Hi Jason-

Sorry I'm running behind on my email inbox, but I wanted to thank you for your note. Part of the reason I got into magic was meeting Penn and Teller after one of their shows. They were genuine and earnest in their appreciation of their fans, and I decided early on that I'd never lose sight of the people who make it possible for me to do what I love for a living.

So thanks for noticing, and I'm thrilled that I've had a part in getting you back into magic!

( oh, and tell your friends about scam school :) )

Brian Brushwood

It's kinda funny cos I almost put "You, along with Penn and Teller, are my favorite...". I wonder what he would have said then. :lol:

He probably would have thought you were a lot cooler if you did.

zwfhhj.jpg

(If you don't know the movie/character... shame on you. :p)

What????? You really have no clue on the movie/character, that is soooo wrong. You get your booty down to the blockbuster right now and rent Dazed and Confused. People's sexiest man alive owns that movie. LOL!!!
Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS30OfLFbRM

I never even heard of Brian Brushwood until this year when we saw his show. I enjoyed it and my son loooved it. I saw Penn and Teller in Vegas at Bally's about 10 years ago and had a chance also to meet them after the show. They are amazing and they were really great to meet, signed our programs, took pictures, and chatted with us for a while. If you ever have a chance to see them live for sure do it!

Last edited:
Sno... you get some :rep: for that. Wooderson is classic!
"That's why I love these high school girls... I get older, they stay the saaaame age, yes they do, yes they do."
He is so creepy but hilarious. hehe

I would love to meet Penn & Teller.
I can't get through an episode of Bull**** without cracking up. I love when he goes off into violent cursing fits.

Wow sno... that's messed up.... I don't think they really needed any more. :lol:

This guy sounds neat, it looks like a must-do for me if I can ever get to HHN.

He is a really cool guy but I honestly had no desire to see his show this year. I saw it 3 times last year and that was enough Brushwood for this and last year. I heard it was a very similar show to last year and the screamer had nothing on last years.

Unable to finish the documentary due to lack of personal funds I've decided to release this interview with Brian Brushwood I shot during HHN XX.

[video=youtube;_PneNz55MuE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PneNz55MuE[/video]