Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

British TV show live from MK?

Sep 29, 2015
I know alot of us on here are Brits but for the benefit of the rest,

The british Saturday night TV show Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway are flying a chartered plane full of viewers to Orlando on 8th April, for the LIVE broadcast of the final episode of the season, direct from Magic Kingdom.

Anyone got any idea how is will be done? if its live, and on a Saturday, it would take place about 2/3pm in magic kingdom. It just seems like a logistical nightmare, busiest day of the week, and from their advertising, they make it seem like it will be infront of the castle?

I see they have already been out and recorded footage for the adverts, one of them and nearly every character you could imagine on a parade float infront of the castle (presumably early morning) but it seems like a knightmare, unless MK have a dedicated tv studio they will broadcast from?

Guess Who's Coming To Walt Disney World - Disney Inspired

Last edited:
I am sure the logistics of it will have already been planned out with WDW about where things are going to happen, will be interesting to see though, I keep seeing adverts from Virgin on my FB about the competition SNT is running to win a trip to Florida so they are hyping it up pretty big.

looking into it more, i seems the advertising was filmed way back in January between 8-9am. The actual show audience will somehow be segregated from the rest of the park, tickets for the show can be applied for and interestingly, you dont need park admission :)

looking into it more, i seems the advertising was filmed way back in January between 8-9am. The actual show audience will somehow be segregated from the rest of the park, tickets for the show can be applied for and interestingly, you dont need park admission :)

In the first episode, a couple went on their honeymoon and I think Ant and Dec were there as well so I'd assume the advertising was done at the same time.

I've sent an email away for my mum and dad to go. Not heard anything back yet.

The only area we can think of where they are going to film would be where thy have the 'Incredibles Dance Party' in Tomorrow Land. They already have a stage there and could section off an area for an audience.

They have pushed the parade to 5pm that day instead of 3pm, and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire is on at 12:45 and 4pm (where as it seems to normally have shows at 1pm and 2pm) so I think they will film it in front of the castle.

The only area we can think of where they are going to film would be where thy have the 'Incredibles Dance Party' in Tomorrow Land. They already have a stage there and could section off an area for an audience.
They can easily erect a temporary stage for filming. They'll likely want to film on Main Street.

Really impressed with the broadcast, they had way more freedom than I would have guessed.
Cee lo green singing "forget you" live on Main Street, even mentioning it wasn't always called that.
One finger pointing, and even moving the parades, letting them stage their own on Main Street and even fireworks from the castle.
Either Disney has seen number dip this year and need the brits back next year (hence the free Disney dining plan) or ITV spent a shed load of money on this.
I did however notice that avatar was not once mentioned, which is strange if Disney was using this as a huge marketing ploy.
Anyway it seemed to work, great show!

Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays were one of the main sponsors of this, and you can bet Disney helped out too, especially as they pretty much changed MK for a good few hours to accommodate the show.

The free Disney dining plan is working out way more expensive than in previous years. I'd guess ITV didn't pay a penny for this, or for the 200+ guests who've stayed in CBR for the last week FOC. 90 minute advert on prime Saturday night TV.
Your not wrong about the price increase, last year we paid just over £4k for 3 adults and a child for 14 nights at CBR including flights this year its £4k without the flights.

I looked at the dining plan (no free option when i booked) and it added over £1000 to my 2 week trip so decided against it.