Bucket List Trip Poll | Inside Universal Forums

Bucket List Trip Poll

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 25, 2017
So it looks like me and the family are looking to travel to Germany next December. We are spending 2 weeks+ so my wife can visit with her family. I gave the stipulation that if we do this I would like to take 4 days and knock out some of my bucket list parks.

Don’t get me wrong as I have always wanted to visit Germany and it in itself is a check on my bucket list but we were also supposed to be looking at October in a few years. Now she needs to get their sooner for family and I understand but October is a no next year, so no Oktoberfest for me and that would have been enough for me lol.

Anyways the majority of our stay will in Bremen with her relatives so I have already decided we will stay 2 nights at Phantasialand as it’s relatively close(few hour train ride), looking at staying on site at Hotel Matamba. From there I have a choice to make. Europa-Park or Efteling?

Both are bucket list items of mine. Both have pros and cons. Both are relatively equal in costs. Both are..... well you get it.

Need help in which to do. I know it’s a year out but I plan and specifically when it comes to parks around the holidays.

I welcome all responses, ideas, etc.
Thanks

I can't give you any recommendations but Germany is an excellent place to visit if you haven't been before. The people are great, friendly and have a surprisingly good sense of humour.

I can't give you any recommendations but Germany is an excellent place to visit if you haven't been before. The people are great, friendly and have a surprisingly good sense of humour.
Appreciate the feedback yeah visiting Germany is definitely something I look forward to the parks are a bonus but will still have 10+ days of visiting other things. As to the sense of humor, well my wife will be the first to tell you hers is not the best but I love her and she tries which may not always work yet always makes me laugh anyways.

So it looks like me and the family are looking to travel to Germany next December. We are spending 2 weeks+ so my wife can visit with her family. I gave the stipulation that if we do this I would like to take 4 days and knock out some of my bucket list parks.

Don’t get me wrong as I have always wanted to visit Germany and it in itself is a check on my bucket list but we were also supposed to be looking at October in a few years. Now she needs to get their sooner for family and I understand but October is a no next year, so no Oktoberfest for me and that would have been enough for me lol.

Anyways the majority of our stay will in Bremen with her relatives so I have already decided we will stay 2 nights at Phantasialand as it’s relatively close(few hour train ride), looking at staying on site at Hotel Matamba. From there I have a choice to make. Europa-Park or Efteling?

Both are bucket list items of mine. Both have pros and cons. Both are relatively equal in costs. Both are..... well you get it.

Need help in which to do. I know it’s a year out but I plan and specifically when it comes to parks around the holidays.

I welcome all responses, ideas, etc.
Thanks

Germany is typically a fun place so you should have a good time. I can break it down for you this way between the two parks....Europa big with lots of attractions, Efteling is smaller but packed full of theming. If you do go to Europa a lot of there on site hotels have amazing saunas which I can't recommend enough.

I should add that my daughter will be fifteen when we go. She loves Universal and Disney.
She enjoys thrills to a point such that hulk and rip ride rock it were fights to get her on but thoroughly enjoyed, Ghostrider at knotts is her favorite but won’t even look at Xcelerator or Hangtime, did ToT(2016) and GotG Mission Breakout(2018) but had a breakdowns before and will never do again she says. Loves things like Tansformers, mummy, Indiana Jones, etc.

Wife loves dark rides but hates Its a Small World. No to big thrills really.

Me well I’m just game for all.

I just did Efteling and you would not regret it. I absolutely loved it and its mix of coasters, dark rides, and beautiful scenery.