Budget cuts of past, present, and future theme park attractions | Inside Universal Forums

Budget cuts of past, present, and future theme park attractions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 7, 2016
So I only know about two things that Escape From Gringotts got cut. Which was smoke was supposed to raise out of the smoke stacks when it pulled into the station. And a Goblin was supposed to ride with you up front kinda like E.T. I’m curious to know what you guys know about other attractions?

So I only know about two things that Escape From Gringotts got cut. Which was smoke was supposed to raise out of the smoke stacks when it pulled into the station. And a Goblin was supposed to ride with you up front kinda like E.T. I’m curious to know what you guys know about other attractions?
This is a great thread for many reasons haha

Were those things cut for budget or practicality? I know they had issues with the amount of steam on the Hogwarts Express for instance and the sensors

I would say the biggest budget cut in recent memory was all of the fire effects being turned off in the mid-200's due to the crazy 2004/05 hurricane season

Reactions: Muggle148
I get the feeling we can look to Disney's two major domestic additions this year, Pixar Pier and TSL, and the seemingly huge amount of cuts for both of them.

It's a fascinating topic, one in which I am actually curious to go more in-depth with.

Reactions: shiekra38
This is a great thread for many reasons haha

Were those things cut for budget or practicality? I know they had issues with the amount of steam on the Hogwarts Express for instance and the sensors

I would say the biggest budget cut in recent memory was all of the fire effects being turned off in the mid-200's due to the crazy 2004/05 hurricane season
I’m not 100% sure

Every project has cuts to budget when cost over-runs start adding up. They always create wishlists that go beyond budgets. I'm afraid the next couple of years will see major cuts to projects thanks to a trade war that was started, driving up the costs of steel and other components coming from overseas.