Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

So...a shuttle coaster with a 76mph launch. One model that could make sense is the Premier LIM Shuttle Loop Coaster (AKA Mr Freeze at SFOT & SFFL. for a 300 foot tall coaster? Not buying it seeing as that one launches at 70 and is only 218 feet tall. There is a third (Speed The Ride) that was 224 feet tall with the same speed. It could perhaps have a 300 foot drop down to the river I suppose using the terrain. Who knows. It's the most unrealistic of those rumors on that whole article, but would fit in that area.

A lot of people assume this will be by Premier at this point. However, a page on FB brought up how much it looks like this coaster....by Intamin. I forgot they made this similar type coaster.

yen4gvduwoy11.jpg

151118mens.png

Hmmmmmmmmmmm :freak:

I don't really get why people considered DarKastle to be a "world class dark ride". Last time me and my friends went it became an inside joke because of how mediocre and failing the ride was. The ride was probably the best they could've done for a Spiderman type dark ride, sure, but it definitely wasn't anywhere near that same quality.

I don't really get why people considered DarKastle to be a "world class dark ride". Last time me and my friends went it became an inside joke because of how mediocre and failing the ride was. The ride was probably the best they could've done for a Spiderman type dark ride, sure, but it definitely wasn't anywhere near that same quality.

It's still better than a warehouse.

It's still better than a warehouse.
Not saying it isn't, but I don't know if we should put things up on pedestals that they really haven't deserved simply because it's gone.

If DarKastle was still around I could see people complaining about the state of the ride and how it's not really up to standards like they do with Atlantis or Dinosaur. It's as if people think it was always world-class simply because it doesn't exist anymore. I don't know if that's a fair thing to say.

It was better when it first opened. The changes they made in the second season kind of dumbed it down and made it weird. Losing the preshow over time made it worse. It needed a refresh and that would have cost more than SWP&E could afford to spend on something that wouldn't draw more people to the park. It's sad they took it out, but the business needs dictated it. And, if it came down to saving Dark Kastle or Loch Ness Monster (which needed new trains and other work), they made the right decision.

I could say the same about the Transformers storyline, though.
I rode Darkastle probably 10 times and still don't get the story. Transformers is "Bad guys want the rock chip, don't let them have it.

Unless you can shove it into their chest."

Ok, maybe you're right.

I liked DarkKastle as a ride but, I too, just couldn't understand the story. The queue did a really poor job of explaining what was going on. But it is sad, that a fairly new E ticket attraction, should suffer a shutdown fate simply because management neglected to maintain it for the past decade. That speaks volumes of what harm Blackstone did to the 'entire' SeaWorld park system during their money grab fling.

Consistency was the problem. Blackstone came in and injected a bunch of money thinking they could see immediate success with select big attractions and then freaked out and made cuts to everything trying to extract money for investors completely misreading how important continual yearly capex is important. There were also a bunch of morale issues and good people in key positions that left while some assholes and yes men got promoted. The original BGW plans if implemented fully would have probably made it a much bigger destination than it has been today but the investors would have never taken the hit for long enough. This is why amusement parks being publicly traded is generally a bad thing unless they are part of a much larger company (like AB). I rode darkastle in the first year before they crippled it. Probably one of the peak years ever for BGW.

I agree, I visited the park a few years ago and didn’t understand the story either. But I really appreciated that the park had something so ambitious and well-themed (and indoors, which regional parks always lack).

And maybe it was a fluke, but the 3D was off for me and I was still seeing double with my glasses on. The same thing happens on that Justice League shooter at six flags and it drives me bonkers lol.