Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Oct 4, 2012
Virginia Beach
Any frequent visitors here? It's about an hour away from me and I go 8 or 9 times a year. It's a beautiful park, anyone care to share any personal opinions?

I was there last spring, for the first time, and would have been more impressed if the rides differed from Tampa a bit and they had more animals, but its a beautiful park. Loved Apollos Chariot it was was awesome sadly we just missed Verbolten. If I were up that way again I would gladly stop in.

Been their 4 times and love the park. Apollos Chariot is one of my top 5 coasters.

How does it compare to Nitro? Sadly that's the only B&M hyper I have been on.

I actually went on both on a road trip a few years ago. We did SFGrAdv, Dorney, Hershey Park, BGW, and Kings Dominion. My wife's and i's favorite of the trip was Apollo by a landslide. Highly recommend a night ride on it for your first time. We also enjoyed Nitro but thought the drops, terrain, and overall layout of Apollo was just far superior. I would also rank Goliath at SFOG ahead of Nitro as well.

I actually went on both on a road trip a few years ago. We did SFGrAdv, Dorney, Hershey Park, BGW, and Kings Dominion. My wife's and i's favorite of the trip was Apollo by a landslide. Highly recommend a night ride on it for your first time. We also enjoyed Nitro but thought the drops, terrain, and overall layout of Apollo was just far superior. I would also rank Goliath at SFOG ahead of Nitro as well.

That road trip is on my to do list eventually, that and Cedar Point. Id also like to ride Raging Bull out in Chicago and see who the twister compares

Been to Cedar Point as well, yeah it's as good as everyone says it is :lol: I haven't been to a single park west of CP outside of Texas, California, and Washington though. Their are a bunch of coasters and parks in the Midwest on my list.

Used to go all the time when I lived in RVA. Haven't been since about 2005, so the last big ride for me was DarKastle!

Lovely park, had a lot of fun there.

Verbolten is amazing, especially at night, and during HOS the park put a ton of fog under the drop.

. Apollos Chariot is one of my top 5 coasters.

It's my favorite, always try to ride at night during the summer with the fireworks shooting off very close to you. Probably the best experience I've ever had on a coaster.

I have not been since Verbolten started construction but outside of the orlando parks it is my favorite theme park that I have been to hands down.

Its pretty, well themed in some areas, great coasters and its got a charm all on its own.

However, one of the biggest mistakes they ever made was getting rid of Corkscrew Hill in favor of Europe In The Air. A move that was beyond lame.

BGW is honestly a hidden gem of a park...the attractions are fantastic, the themeing is incredible and the scenery is phenomenal..you almost forget you are in Virginia for a little while..I believe our Busch Gardens could improve a lot more when compared to the sister park.

Absolutely. Busch Gardens Tampa is a thrill park with animals compared to BGW that is a great well rounded theme park.

However, one of the biggest mistakes they ever made was getting rid of Corkscrew Hill in favor of Europe In The Air. A move that was beyond lame.

Trust me, it's hated around the BGW community. BTW, did anyone know that there will be a food and wine festival this spring? It was announced in September

That's awesome. I always saw and joke that BGW is sort of like an EPCOT World Showcase, with attractions!

BGW's countries could use some work. Festa Italia looks like a carnival(But it looks sick for CT right now). I just wish we got Tampa's HOS. We close at 10.....

Would you lookie here, another Hampton Roads resident. :wave: I went several times this past summer and a couple times during HOS. I plan on attending their Christmas Time in the next couple of weeks (graduate studies permitting). Was able to do Verbolten opening day festivities. That was fun. I have always loved this park. As a Virginian born and bred, I have always been able to visit as I was never more than a few hours drive away. If only Disney had opened Disney's America in Haymarket (only about 20 minutes from where I am originally from), Virginia could have become one of the better theme park destinations. But even just having BGW is fantastic.