Butterbeer vs LeFou's Brew | Inside Universal Forums

Butterbeer vs LeFou's Brew

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite Special Drink?

• Total voters

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Because I have to. :lol:

Vote for your favorite as in regards to taste, and state why.

And PLEASE don't make it about one park being better than the other.

Butterbeer all the way for several reasons:

1- It's cheaper
2- It tastes better
3- It's something from the books and movies
4- It's not served in a stein slapped with a character sticker on it

Last edited:
I've yet to have Le Fou's, and to be honest, I'm not planning on having it any time soon. For appeal and its iconic status alone, I'd have to vote for Butterbeer. but in the name of a scientific poll, I won't.:lol:

I've yet to have Le Fou's, and to be honest, I'm not planning on having it any time soon. For appeal and its iconic status alone, I'd have to vote for Butterbeer. but in the name of a scientific poll, I won't.:lol:

Yeah this will never be a scientific poll :lol:

The problem is Butterbeer has nostalgia, a reason to exist, was really the first speciality drink of its kind, and people want to drink it. Even if the drinks were comparable (I haven't tried it myself), Le Fou's never has a shot based on the quality of the drink alone.

Butterbeer is served in a stein slapped with a sticker on it....

I know I haven't read the books or seen the movies, but I can't believe the students didn't drink Butterbetter from plastic Wizarding World of Harry Potter mugs and cups :blank:

Butterbeer for all the reasons. I could down mugs of the stuff, if I were not so worried about immediate onset diabetes (I call it immediabetes). Cannot say the same thing about Lefou's brew. It was good, but I couldn't finish it. by the end it was just slush anyway. I actually did not mind the marshmallow, thought it was a cool mix. The topping threw it off for me.

Frozen Butterbeer has a silky richness about it that just makes you feel comfortable and at home when having one in the Hog's Head Pub. It whisks you away through its buttery and creamy aftertones to the world JK Rowling envisioned just by taking a single sip. It serves its purpose by being an actual beverage the characters would drink in the story and gives guests a feeling of connection by repeating actions the characters have done.

LeFou's Brew is a jumbled mess of ingredients that was taken from Cars Land and repurposed and renamed in New Fantasyland. It is a beverage that good friends of mine have described as tasting like "a Jamba Juice that corporate never should of put in its franchises". While enjoyable by some, its flavor combinations have no connection to the story upon which the pub is inspired by, nor does it make a guest feel like they are in a French countryside establishment by tasting apples, cloyingly sweet marshmallow syrup, or a passion fruit-mango foam.

Frozen Butterbeer has a silky richness about it that just makes you feel comfortable and at home when having one in the Hog's Head Pub. It whisks you away through its buttery and creamy aftertones to the world JK Rowling envisioned just by taking a single sip. It serves its purpose by being an actual beverage the characters would drink in the story and gives guests a feeling of connection by repeating actions the characters have done.

LeFou's Brew is a jumbled mess of ingredients that was taken from Cars Land and repurposed and renamed in New Fantasyland. It is a beverage that good friends of mine have described as tasting like "a Jamba Juice that corporate never should of put in its franchises". While enjoyable by some, its flavor combinations have no connection to the story upon which the pub is inspired by, nor does it make a guest feel like they are in a French countryside establishment by tasting apples, cloyingly sweet marshmallow syrup, or a passion fruit-mango foam.

Cider is sold in nearly every pub in the western world and has been around over 1000 years BC. The topping in this case is odd, but having cider at a pub in very befitting, especially for choosing a bar-favorite to turn into a kid-friendly beverage.

I'm not gonna say which one one I voted for (mainly because I don't want to be stoned to death), but having tried both drinks I will point out the differences I noticed between each.

Well, for starters. I found that the foam for Butterbeer tends to stay seperate from the actual drink, whereas the foam for Lefou's actually mixes into the drink as you drink and it actually adds to the flavor as well (Can't figure out why some say to do away with the foam.....I actually quite like it).

I find Lefou's to be less.....soda-ey than Butterbeer. Lefou's is way sweeter, fizzier, more tart, and way more refreshing.

Lefou's is a much thicker concoction. You cannot chug it, as I found out the hard way.

Lefou's tastes better the more you drink it, taste of the drink kind of changes the more you drink probably due to the foam slowly mixing into the drink as you drink.

Also: Lefou's doesn't make any mistake telling you what it is. The drink is frozen apple juice and they do state what flavor the foam is, though I can't remember it at the moment

Butterbeer and Lefou's are both pretty different drinks with vastly different flavors. I'd say both are about equal, but if I had to choose one....well, once again, my fear of stoning won't allow me to divulge my choice (though I'm pretty sure y'all can guess what it is)

Last edited: