Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge | Inside Universal Forums

Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

knokout1

V.I.P. Member
Jun 25, 2009
Tampa
I was thinking about staying at the cabins this upcoming February to take advantage of the Florida Resident early 2016 rates. It would cost me about 230 a night, and I was thinking about staying for either 2 or 3 nights depending on a few factors.

It would be just me and my wife, and we are both passholders who live about an hour away so we have good exposure of the parks. The resort would definitely be an important part of the trip since we don't plan on spending most of our time at the parks.

The alternative to staying at this hotel would be staying at a value resort but spending a bit more at the parks. We would get a table service dinner at least once a night opposed to the usual quick service meals we do.

So are the cabins an experience that will be worth it? We'll definitely take advantage of cooking our own groceries to save a bit of money, and we'll probably drive to all the parks except Magic Kingdom so buses won't be an issue.

I also saw that we can rent golf carts for $60, is that something you have for the entire trip? And if I drive them up to the gift shops/shows, will I have somewhere to park them?

I've not stayed in the cabins but I camped there once (in a tent, no less). I loved staying there. It was peaceful and we could take the boat to the Magic Kingdom. In addition, we resort-hopped to the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge. We walked to the Wilderness Lodge but that path is currently closed. Bus service was okay but was shared with WL at times. I fully intend to stay at the cabins one day and to enjoy the resort yet again. Also, I don't want to get in trouble but allears.net has interior pictures of the cabins and additional information.

Hopefully not violating a rule by talking about another site.