Camera Gear in the Parks | Inside Universal Forums

Camera Gear in the Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
I am wanting to know of how you guys carry your gear around the parks. Do you guys keep your cameras out and in hand? Or do you carry a bag and take them out when needed?

Thanks

I carry my camera on a strap just like this but a different model by this company and has been the best investment ever and my neck thanks me every time I used it :lol: Its always on and ready to go at my side unless im on a ride that requires you to store it in a locker. http://www.amazon.com/Carry-Speed-D...2671&sr=8-2&keywords=carry+speed+camera+strap

As far as everything else it really depends on my agenda. If its at night you will most likely find me with my full bag and tripod but that gets to be a lot after a night like during HHN. I found by my third night of HHN I was only bringing my camera with lens attached and an extra lens and carrying my tripod since it was a lot on my back and legs carrying all that gear around and all the walking I did. During the day I leave the tripod back at the hotel and sometimes brings my bag but if I plan on riding then I will take just my camera and then put an extra lens or two in one of my pockets so then I can fit everything in a locker if I need to.

Last edited:
I almost always carry my camera in a camera only bag over my shoulder. I often end up carrying the camera most of the day but at least I have a place to put if I need to quickly. I do not use a strap on the camera itself except for special situations such as the heli photo charter.

I place the rest of the gear in a backpack. This includes misc camera gear, a GoPro with accessories, a monopole and a tripod. My wife usually wears the backpack so I can take items out without having to take it of.

The backpack has a lot of smaller compartments and one larger. I looked a camera specific packs but have yet to find one that suites my needs. I'll just have to keep looking.

I'm also eyeing a full height travel tripod as my current one is just a little to long to fit in the backpack when collapsed.

I have a tactical shoulder/messenger style bag that keep my cameras in, or a back pack if I am going to need a hoodie.
This is the bag I use.
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Multi-Fun...3&sr=8-1&keywords=black+tactical+shoulder+bag

I ended up getting this same bag last week, haven't used it yet and will give it its first test run next week at Legoland and Disney :happy: Should be big enough for what I need it for during the day. At night with tripod is another story lol

So... have used the bag yet?

Used it today as a matter of fact and loved it. The main pocket is large enough for my camera with lens attached and then the side pocket I had an extra lens. Loved all the pockets and as enough for all my other stuff. Very happy with this and glad you recommended it. :thumbs:

Used it today as a matter of fact and loved it. The main pocket is large enough for my camera with lens attached and then the side pocket I had an extra lens. Loved all the pockets and as enough for all my other stuff. Very happy with this and glad you recommended it. :thumbs:

Cool, glad you liked it!

Have you taken it out for spin yet around the house, lol? Curious to see how much better the IQ and noise is since your T3 took some great night shots

A little bit. I just got it last night, so I was just getting a feel for the settings and basics first. I'm going to take it up to my friend's mom's house up near Jupiter. Can get some awesome photos there and really test the low-light stuff.

A little bit. I just got it last night, so I was just getting a feel for the settings and basics first. I'm going to take it up to my friend's mom's house up near Jupiter. Can get some awesome photos there and really test the low-light stuff.

I was just there not too long ago getting some early shots of the light house and the beach in Jupiter, its not to far from my place actually and a great spot for pictures.