Canada’s Wonderland: General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Canada’s Wonderland: General Discussion

LintemuthStudios

Veteran Member
Nov 7, 2016
Fantastic Worlds
Ride the world's wildest dive roller-coaster

MSN has leaked Canada’s Wonderland’s newest coaster: A B&M dive-coaster named Yukon Striker.

Stats (from the article, more will come tomorrow)
  1. World’s tallest dive coaster
  2. Most inversions on a dive-coaster (four)
  3. First dive-coaster to feature a vertical loop
My thoughts? This looks awesome! The only weak spot (to me) is that break-run. It’s needlessly long and slow.

Last edited:

Tobias

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2014
I'm kinda' split on this, on one hand the first half of the ride looks awesome and it's great to see them putting in a vertical loop on a dive machine. (RCT finally comes true!)

Unfortunately, the awesomeness of the first half of the ride looks to come to a screeching halt at the mid-course breaks as it's rather plain looking afterwards. An' finally, vest restraints. I just don't like them on dive machines, I'll always prefer the older restraints for that more open/free feeling on the drops.

universal_fanatic

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I've never been on a dive machine before so I'm pumped for this one! The most recent "big" coaster we received was a B&M giga but it was so similar to the hyper that they put in several years before that one that it didn't feel like a new ride. Looking forward to something a bit different!

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
To me it looks short (in length) compared to Gryffon and Sheikra. I do like that it will dive through the suspended coaster and into the tunnel in the water though...