Cannot modify AP rate booked hotel room | Inside Universal Forums

Cannot modify AP rate booked hotel room

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 31, 2017
CT
Posting this because I’m wondering if anyone has ever encountered this before because I haven’t.

Have SF booked for 12/5-12/11 at AP rate. Found out we’re going to go to the Mickey’s Christmas Party on 12/10 so decided we should just check out that morning as we plan to stay with my dad for a few days and he lives in Davenport.

Go online to modify the reservation (shorten from 6 nights to 5) and it says the room and rate are no longer available. Figure this can’t possibly be true (we have the room booked and it’s not a stay more, save more discount) so called to have them do it over the phone. Nope. The rate and room are no longer available. If I had booked just 5 nights initially I’d be fine, but trying to go from 6 nights to 5, I’d actually end up paying seasonal rate in a lagoon room vs our standard.

How does any of this make sense? I’ve modified rooms many times on passholders rate and never encountered such a thing. It’s be one thing if I was trying to extend the stay and the room was already booked, but obviously the room is available for one LESS night - it’s already booked to me!

Sounds like I’m going to have ti pay the extra $170ish for a night I won’t need since it’s still $500 cheaper than removing a night on a seasonal Rate but wtf Uni?

When there are large crowds they often will put limits on number of nights and/or look at other openings to make sure that they wouldn't be limited in number of open nights.

Super pain in the butt, I feel like it was usually like a 3 night stay was one of the ones you could typically get?

I haven't had this, but I've had the opposite where I've tried to add a night and the rate was no longer available. It's annoying, but sometimes it is what it is

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
I haven't had this, but I've had the opposite where I've tried to add a night and the rate was no longer available. It's annoying, but sometimes it is what it is
I get not being able to add a night since it’s possibly Booked already, but not being able to remove a night seemed like a cash grab

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Maybe cutting a night would leave it an orphan one night that they can't book? They want you to eat the cost not them maybe
That’s 100% the reason. However, they’ve essentially misrepresented their cancellation/modification policy with how this is being handled. The no cost associated to cancel or modify is false if my modification to remove a day would actually cost me $450 more. That’s where I feel like they were disingenuous.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I just wanted to follow up with everyone one this as we just returned from our stay. Checking out a day early was not an issue at all, they just removed the day at the end price wise and we were charged correctly. The woman at the front desk said when calling to make changes before your stay, it’s a separate company. So this was all sorted at the resort.