Cantina? | Inside Universal Forums

Cantina?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jonathan

Platinum Member
Jan 9, 2013
I was at HHN on Sunday and as I was sitting near Cantina, one employee was heading inside Cantina and another just passing by. The one going inside said "They're tearing down my home in two weeks" as he pointed towards Cantina. The other employee seemed surprised. I'm Curious if anyone has heard anything about it? Or if it's even true?

Wouldn't be surprised....although I'd be curious if it was being torn down for Potter or just rethemed for Simpsons.

Although with it being torn down, I have to wonder if they'll build any other eating locations in the park.

Ahhh yes I forgot about that! Would make sense. Still, with Flinstones BBQ confirmed to be leaving eventually AND Cantina rumored to close, we would still need a Mexican or BBQ place! I doubt Miss Hattie's/Despicable Delights will have anything ethnic or BBQ.

What's nice about the Cantina and Flintstones BBQ is that it's a change of pace from the usual Pizza, chicken fingers and burger fair.

I feel like they will change the Cantina to The Simpsons and I feel like they will still have the same kind of food. B)

the last time i was there. th

Ahhh yes I forgot about that! Would make sense. Still, with Flinstones BBQ confirmed to be leaving eventually AND Cantina rumored to close, we would still need a Mexican or BBQ place! I doubt Miss Hattie's/Despicable Delights will have anything ethnic or BBQ.

What's nice about the Cantina and Flintstones BBQ is that it's a change of pace from the usual Pizza, chicken fingers and burger fair.
There is that barbeque buffet that they could make year round at Jurassic.

^That's never coming back.

Supposedly aside from a light retheming of Louie's to Luigi's, the entirety of the Springfield project will be new structures, compacted to fit in that turnaround to accommodate Potter and the new Tour entrance.

If this turns out to be true, I'll be surprised that they're choosing to rework/demolish the entire area before 2014. Then again, I guess now's the time to do it.

If this carries through, we would have lost that entire island of shops and restaurants - Doc's included!

Personally speaking, I thought my experience was pretty mediocre - soggy chips and all. Prices are in line with the rest of the park, so overpriced.

Reactions: BernardMesa
That's my favorite thing in the entire park. They used to sell it at Jurassic Cafe, but apparently don't anymore. Does anyone know where else in the park they're sold?
try international cafe. they should have baked goods in there

If Simpsons does come it sounds like the food offerings in the park will be greatly improved. Something I am ALL for at USH. :p
Come to think of it, when was the last substantial food upgrade Universal got in recent years? International Cafe? Because honestly, the food has stayed the same as far as I can remember.

That's my favorite thing in the entire park. They used to sell it at Jurassic Cafe, but apparently don't anymore. Does anyone know where else in the park they're sold?
Brookies come and go for some weird reason. If you're an employee you can find them almost daily at the Take 5 Cafeteria!

i been going to this park all my life and not once have i stepped inside this place im going next week...is it really time to say good bye to this place?