Carowinds vs Dollywood | Inside Universal Forums

Carowinds vs Dollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just read about Dollywood today and was surprised to find out that Dolly Parton is a minority shareholder. Turns out she was brought in as a figurehead to help the image of the minor theme park in the same location called Silver Dollar City. It is unclear if anyone ever asks what she thinks regarding future attractions.

Never been to Carowinds, but Dollywood is gorgeous. It's a very unique park with tons of unique attractions, quality food and some very pretty theming. Mystery Mine is great fun, and they have one of the best Arrow loopers ever created... Ifs surprisingly really smooth. I would say Dollywood.

Carowinds is a fun little park with some great coasters - but it's an operations nightmare, the employees appear to have minimal incentive to load rides efficiently with the exception of the two big headliner coasters. I haven't been to Dollywood, but their lineup sounds fantastic, and I have to imagine they're at least slightly better run.

I have been to both parks many times. I love them both. Dollywood is the better theme park. Carowinds is the better rides park. I personally prefer Dollywood. For one thing, their food is amazing in that southern cooking' sort of way. Simply the best Funnel Cakes available on the planet. They also have my favorite wooden coaster, Thunderhead. Mystery Mine is also great. Blazing Fury is also a lot of fun. Even though it is a bit cheesy.

Dollywood for sure. Great rides, great themeing, better operations, and great food. Dollywood rivals Disney for me on service and surroundings.

The only thing that stood out to me at Carowinds was Intimidator.

Well, I've never been to Dollywood, but I heard it was fantastic! I've been to Carowinds though and I love it! But Dollywood is opening Firechaser Express this summer while Carowinds' next coaster is in 2015, so I'd suggest going to Dollywood if you're going this summer! Plus, Dollywood from the looks of it is more gorgeous than Carowinds!