Cedar Point in 2 Weeks | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point in 2 Weeks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 9, 2011
Orlando, FL
So the wife and I will be traveling up to Sandusky and attending Cedar Point for a whole week while staying a Castaway Bay. Gotta admit, after seeing the tragedy of SeaWorld's new attraction, getting to ride GateKeeper, Top Thrill Dragster, Millennium Force, Maverick among MANY others will be a nice breath of fresh of air and SPEED! :happy::happy::happy:

Any pic requests or anything in particular? I'm sure I'll take a ridiculous amount of pics and upload them to my Flickr account.

I went for the first time last summer and I absolutely loved the entire resort. Very nice park to go to.
I can't think of any particular requests, maybe some shots from the Windseeker? :thumbs:
Have a wonderful trip!

Have a blast Joe. It's starting to finally warm up for real now; last Friday when I went at park opening it was 43 degrees out! Yuck.

Enjoy Gatekeeper, try riding in the front right of the train (when facing the direction the coaster travels). It's the best seat IMHO.

I just got back from a trip there! Had a blast, despite the weather being subpar. I always stay at the Breakers but I've always been very interested in Castaway Bay, so if you happen to take any good pictures of the hotel/waterpark, I'd loveeee to see them!

Also, have a great time, hop on Gatekeeper last when the lines have somewhat died down (plus it's better in the dark anyway).

I love Cedar Point, and I'm jealous of your full week. Have fun!!!

Haven't been since Gatekeeper came, but since I only live about 4 hours away I'll definitely be making a trip this summer. The parks in Orlando will always beat out CP overall, but no ride in the history of everness will knock the Millenium Force from my favorites. Not immersive, but holy schnikes is that baby a beaut! I preferred B&Ms up until that gift from Intiman.

jealous..havent been since Millemium Force opened..which is still the best roller coaster ive ever been on.

Have a blast Joe. It's starting to finally warm up for real now; last Friday when I went at park opening it was 43 degrees out! Yuck.

Enjoy Gatekeeper, try riding in the front right of the train (when facing the direction the coaster travels). It's the best seat IMHO.

Thanks so much for the tip! I really appreciate that. If you're in the park on Tuesday or Thursday of the week of June 10th, let me know. Perhaps we could grab a Pepsi together :D Yeah, miss Alex and I are totally psyched to be back in town in Sandusky for the week. Seeing GateKeeper literally come to life since last season has been such an amazing ride and build up for us. I can't wait to take as many pics as I can, get a massive snow cone, and ride, ride, ride, ride!!! ALL DAY!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the tip! I really appreciate that. If you're in the park on Tuesday or Thursday of the week of June 10th, let me know. Perhaps we could grab a Pepsi together :D Yeah, miss Alex and I are totally psyched to be back in town in Sandusky for the week. Seeing GateKeeper literally come to life since last season has been such an amazing ride and build up for us. I can't wait to take as many pics as I can, get a massive snow cone, and ride, ride, ride, ride!!! ALL DAY!

I would totally try and see you guys, but I have work those day! D'oh! If you're in Cleveland I'd be more than happy to recommend some great places to eat/drink!

Also random Blue Man question, I know Chris on his twitter teased new Orlando material (to replace Marbles I assume?), you hear anything/see it yet? :thumbs:

Have a blast! I went a few years ago, and it's a truly a thrill seekers haven. My favorite was actually Maverick. I knew what was coming on Millenium Force, not so much on Maverick :lol:

Have a blast! I went a few years ago, and it's a truly a thrill seekers haven. My favorite was actually Maverick. I knew what was coming on Millenium Force, not so much on Maverick :lol:

I got back a couple weeks ago from my first CP trip in 7 years and my sentiments were the same. Maverick blew me away- especially in the back 2 rows. Even when you know the elements are coming on Maverick, they STILL catch you by surprise. I would go as far as saying it became my #1 steel coaster.

Miss that place already. A thrill seekers heaven. The new fast lane is high recommended for people that are only able to make there once in a blue moon. Paid $75 and I never waited more than 10 minutes. Rode probably 5x the amount of coasters as opposed to not having the fast lane.

Maverick is my favorite coaster. Period. Back row is the only way to go as it whips you over that lift hill.

Make sure to listen to the ride ops, some of them are really hilarious. Gemini was described as having '6 less inversions than Raptor', Maverick joked about it being the coldest ride of your life (it was 45 then) and how the ride was 'more man than Mantis', and on Millennium Force the ride op joked that MF is so crazy 'it will literally send you back in time, you WILL see dinosaurs' (hilarious because the ride goes over the Dinosaurs Alive exhibit).

I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves Maverick. A totally underrated roller coaster.

Millennium Force is actually forceless, IMO, but it's still an amazing roller coaster. Top Thrill Dragster is the craziest few seconds of your life. Magnum XL, Raptor, Wicked Twister, and of course Gatekeeper are all awesome as well.

Skip Mantis and Mean Streak for sure - Mantis is boring and Mean Streak hurts like heck.

I don't like Gemini, but I know of a lot of people that do.

As far as flat rides; ride MaXair and Power Tower for sure. Flats aren't too big at Cedar Point unless you want to ride carnival rides and kiddie rides.

Skip Mantis and Mean Streak for sure - Mantis is boring and Mean Streak hurts like heck.

Mean Streak is much improved this year. I believe they retracked it either this offseason or last, but I thought it was actually pretty smooth compared to years past. I always had it near the bottom of my wood coaster list, but after my last visit, I actually enjoyed the ride. Lots of great head choppers and good length I forgot about.