Cedar Point | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So Cedar Point just released the safety guidelines for TT2, to no surprise you'll be going through metal detection. As usual, glasses are allowed with a strap. Any loose fitting shoes are not allowed.

EDIT - Whoops, forgot about the glasses policy. Glasses are allowed with a strap you can secure tight to your head, otherwise glasses are not allowed and you cannot hold onto them.

As for loose articles, none whatsoever. You are NOT allowed to use zippered pockets, pockets that fasten or waist packs. All loose articles must be in a locker or with a non-rider.

So that brings up lockers. They were unable to integrate lockers into the queue like Steel Vengeance...so there are NO FREE LOCKERS. You have to pay to rent one.

Last edited:
So Cedar Point just released the safety guidelines for TT2, to no surprise you'll be going through metal detection. As usual, glasses are allowed with a strap. Any loose fitting shoes are not allowed.

As for loose articles, none whatsoever. You are NOT allowed to use zippered pockets, pockets that fasten or waist packs. All loose articles must be in a locker or with a non-rider.

So that brings up lockers. They were unable to integrate lockers into the queue like Steel Vengeance...so there are NO FREE LOCKERS. You have to pay to rent one.

So if they’re adapting Universal’s locker policy, you will literally have to pay to ride. If they’re gonna do that, lockers need to be free. Total BS.

Yeah, that's a poor move...those lines are going to be outrageous...At some point they'll have to reconsider. I wear glasses with no strap and can't sit in a line for 2+ hours unable to see

Reactions: chris.g
I’ll be going June 2nd and 3rd. My guess is this gets changed pretty quickly to offer some kind of free system. I don’t see how they can tell someone they have to pay to put keys and phone in paid lockers when Almost everyone drives to this park, and has tickets on their phone.

The backlash is also pretty severe on their tweet.

Reactions: Freak
I think its kinda of extreme to say you're paying to ride when you can leave things with others. I also understand that not even allowing keys is kinda extreme as well, especially if they are in zipped pockets. I don't really know how to feel since parks in cedar fair and six flags chain already had lockers at ride entrances that you had to pay for. I know Fury 325 doesn't have storage in the station so you have to store your things in lockers (that you pay for) or leave them with someone. But again, i always was able to keep my keys and wallet, especially in my back pocket.

I get the complaint but the way some people are going on about it is embarrassing.

I think its kinda of extreme to say you're paying to ride when you can leave things with others. I also understand that not even allowing keys is kinda extreme as well, especially if they are in zipped pockets. I don't really know how to feel since parks in cedar fair and six flags chain already had lockers at ride entrances that you had to pay for. I know Fury 325 doesn't have storage in the station so you have to store your things in lockers (that you pay for) or leave them with someone. But again, i always was able to keep my keys and wallet, especially in my back pocket.

I get the complaint but the way some people are going on about it is embarrassing.

I have to respectfully disagree here.

Often times when I'm doing park trips like these, I'm A. Traveling Solo, or B. Traveling with friends who all want to ride the same ride as I am. There is nobody to hand off our loose articles to, and nobody wants to not ride in order to hold everyone else's items.

Yes, Cedar Point/Cedar Fair has paid lockers for a lot of their major coasters. But a very important thing here is for the most part, they don't require you to empty out all loose articles. If you've got zippered pockets and such, they ain't gonna' mind that, be it Fury, Orion, MF, Maverick the list goes on. In all honesty the main thing they'll mind is if your glasses have a strap or not.

Now a coaster which does require you to empty out all loose articles, is Steel Vengeance. They put you through metal detection and they'll turn you around for every little thing. Thankfully because they're requiring you to remove all loose articles, they provide you with a free locker.

TT2, is going to put you through metal detection and requires you to empty out all loose articles, just like Steel Vengeance. But unlike S.V. which provides a free locker, you have to pay for one. So for me and many others, we have to pay extra to ride this...in a park with another coaster with the same strict requirements, but doesn't charge us extra to ride.

I don't think its extreme to state you have to pay to ride TT2, and a lot of this anger is pretty justified as Steel Vengeance flat-out shows you don't have to charge extra with a strict no loose articles policy. So to try charging now is just a very bone-headed decision.

I think most crazy part is if you wear flip flops (or any nonsecure shoe) to the park you cannot ride TT2. Can't wear them past the entrance and you need shoes to wait in line.

This is a very stupid rule. I wear glasses, how the hell am I gonna stand in line blind?! Oh I’m gonna invest in contacts now just to ride a roller coaster?

And then ride with your eyes half or mostly closed to avoid having them blow out. I think that you can wear the glasses if you have them strapped on.

Whoops, forgot to mention the glasses policy!

Plain and simple, glasses are allowed if you have a strap to secure them tight to your head. That part is pretty standard for a lot of the major coasters at Cedar Point.

However with TT2, if you don't have a strap, you can't bring them on as they won't allow you to hold them while on the ride.

Reactions: Rideguy70