Changes at Epcot.. | Inside Universal Forums

Changes at Epcot..

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
Don't know the extent of the changes but the walkways to both sides of Future World have been painted. Nothing big, but it's probably worth noting.

Photos...

IMG_7164.jpg

IMG_7168.jpg

Credit to annabannaboo.

It seems like the walls that have been around that area were for the repaving of the area. It's almost like the design over by Mission:Space but with blue (green on the other side), white, and grey colors. Could this be something that could be extended out further into Future World?

sorry to change the subject a bit, but does anyone know if on the walkway that crosses over where soarin and nemo are, where the character greetings are... did that used to be a restaurant a long time ago?
i could be really really confused but for some reason i have this memory from when i was little eating in a super busy restaurant and we couldn't find a seat so we had to sit in the hallway. i dunno, i have a bad memory. but if there's anywhere to find out, this is the place to ask :)

oh, and thanks for the pics!!

It seems like the walls that have been around that area were for the repaving of the area. It's almost like the design over by Mission:Space but with blue (green on the other side), white, and grey colors. Could this be something that could be extended out further into Future World?

Not about the paint but a long time ago a permit was filled to do something in an EPCOT Future World building that is temporarily unused. I think we will be seeing future growth.

I meant to share this last week. The old Innoventions signs by Fountain View have finally been removed.

IMG_0306.jpg

They also have been working on changing the fence around the Fountain of Nations to a silver, more futuristic look.

I saw these on another site and thought I'd share:

Credit to Epcot Explorer at WDWMagic:

A possible repainting of the "legs" of Spaceship Earth...
3935154728_1e35f0f550_b.jpg

The wall above Gateway Gifts has been repainted...
3934788573_61685d1fb5_b.jpg

Sky blue white is far preferable to that heavy chocolate brown it has been. Note that Sky blue white is used to make most show buildings disappear. This building needs to do its best to do the same.

Sky blue white is far preferable to that heavy chocolate brown it has been. Note that Sky blue white is used to make most show buildings disappear. This building needs to do its best to do the same.

Gotta say it does an ok job with the Soarin building, but its funny how so many people never seem to complain about it.

Is there any good reason at all why they can't get rid of that building?

Is there any good reason at all why they can't get rid of that building?
They still use it. A lot. Just not for anything we care about sadly.

And Teebin, while the sky blue works well with the Soarin building from WS, i'm not sure it'll wprk quite as well here. With it only being part of the building, the blue stands out for one, (especially against the brown on the side by the water). Also, with the trees and other buildings in the background, it just won't work as well. Not to say it won't be better, but it won't work as well imo. My opinion of the color? Not a fan. Too light of a blue for me. I'd rather the building stand out and look pretty than not, even if it's not being used by the public (But that's an entirely different subject right there).

Orlando Theme Park News has an update from their most recent trek through Epcot.

The Minaret in the Morocco pavilion has reemerged from its refurb:

ibdDxkbYRWIxL.JPG

These signs now talk about the flowers:

ibk9zeR4t15KsY.JPG

Signs throughout Innoventions now include Vision House and Habit Heroes:

isPd0CrFGq1Ne.JPG

They've axed the old pizza stand near Test Track:

i5MaaqB2pVtw4.JPG

I can safely say I have no strong desire to go back to EPCOT until Test Track reopens. The park kind of seems to be in a 'dry' spell.

Neglected?

Space in 2003
Soarin/Land Refurb in 2006
Nemo Layover in 2006/2007
Gran Fiesta in 2008
Spaceship Earth Refurb in 2008
and now Test Track's big refurb.

Are there areas that need to be improved upon? Yes, but it has not been neglected.