1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Child's Play...the remake

Discussion in 'Games, Movies & Sports' started by AlexanderMBush, Jul 10, 2018.

1. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

...As I collect my unseathing rage, MGM has announced that they are fast-tracking a remake, of the 1988 classic cult film, Childs Play.

Child's Play Reboot In the Works at MGM From It Producers | Collider

The film will be directed by Lars Klevberg (As of yet released, Polaroid) and written by Tyler Burton Smith.

This, is different than the already revealed Child's Play TV show that would be led by the original creator, Don Mancini, as it's expected for that to have Brad Douriff return as the demented doll we love to hate.

2. Fallow

Fallow Veteran Member

MGM is strip-mining their old IP to make a quick buck.

For those confused how this and the Universal-controlled Child's Play films continue unabated...

MGM controls the rights to the original Chucky film, "Child's Play," as well as that title.
    Universal controls the rights to make sequels (having made Child's Play 2 and beyond) as well as many rights surrounding the Chucky character and related IP.

Therefore, Universal continues to churn out its Direct-to-DVD releases and the proposed TV show at the same time MGM prepares this braindead remake.

Also - I obviously don't know Lars Klevberg personally, but Polaroid is terrible. It's floated around town for a while, got its release date annihilated by the Weinstein chaos, and hasn't found new footing. That isn't an accident - the film is radioactive and everyone knows it.

SeventyOne and AlexanderMBush like this.