Cinemacon 2018 | Inside Universal Forums

Cinemacon 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Cinemacon, the industry conference for film, has kicked off this past Monday, as Disney, Sony, and Warner have kicked things off.

Sony kicked off with news on multiple projects, including Quentin Tarantino's next film; Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. They also showed off more for projects like Venom, Hotel Transylvania 3, and announced a sequel to last year's Jumanji sequel.

Disney took aim on Tuesday, with new looks at Christopher Robin, Solo, Ant-Man & Wasp, Mary Poppins Returns, and gave more to films like Dumbo and Aladdin.

Warner Brothers also dropped the bell, giving new looks to Aquaman, Shazam, Oceans 8, and the first look at Mowgli, along with various trailers for multiple projects..

Today, Universal will have a panel from 10 AM PT to 11:30 AM PT, with then a Focus Pictures panel from 12:15 PM to 2 PM.

Paramount will then have a panel at 4:30 PM PT to 6:00 PM PT today as-well.

Thursday will bring Fox with it's panel at 10 AM to 11:30 AM and Lionsgate at 2:30 PM to 4:15 PM PT.

It seems so far, WB has the most hyped film with Lady Gaga's and Bradley Cooper's A Star is Born Followed by the Incredibles and Happytime Murders. I'm actually surprised that the Mary Poppin's Clip didn't do blockbusters.

Seems the general consensus still remains that WB's A Star is Born had the best trailer, while Universal had the best lineup of material, however Paramount brought it with Mission Impossible: Fallout which is now the most hyped film.

Seems the general consensus still remains that WB's A Star is Born had the best trailer, while Universal had the best lineup of material, however Paramount brought it with Mission Impossible: Fallout which is now the most hyped film.

There was praise for Blumhouses Halloween though, and details of the plot were given out by Jamie Lee Curtis herself

Reactions: quinnmac000
There was praise for Blumhouses Halloween though, and details of the plot were given out by Jamie Lee Curtis herself

Oh I know and mentioned it in the Halloween thread... I'm quite excited for that one as well...I was going mainly off what I've been reading all day on twitter/publications and based off the podcasts and videos of people at these events.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Oh I know and mentioned it in the Halloween thread... I'm quite excited for that one as well...I was going mainly off what I've been reading all day on twitter/publications and based off the podcasts and videos of people at these events.

Yup, been following Scott Wampler and JoBlo for me.

At Paramount, another notable highlight is that two Star Trek films are in development, which makes sense as that alludes that the Tarantino Star Trek film and the Beyond Sequel should then become separate entities for the Kelvin Timeline (presumably, for the Kelvin Timeline).

Yup, been following Scott Wampler and JoBlo for me.

At Paramount, another notable highlight is that two Star Trek films are in development, which makes sense as that alludes that the Tarantino Star Trek film and the Beyond Sequel should then become separate entities for the Kelvin Timeline (presumably, for the Kelvin Timeline).

As excited as I should be for that, the latest Star Trek films really haven't done it for me. However I have to remember a lot of these upcoming projects that aren't currently filming within the next 12 month will be cancelled with a Viacom/CBS planned merger.

Bumblebee seems cute, idk I didn't see anyone gushing about it too much.

Halloween, Glass, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and Mortal Engines all have me stoked now based on the level of hype they received. I was really surprised by how many people like Jurassic World and Skyscraper despite the outrage at all the trailers for both those projects.

I heard the Disney panel so I think the one project I'm actually fully intrigued on is The Lion King.

WB...I just don't know anymore. I was thinking Aquaman was going to be like huge but there wasn't much coming out with most bloggers hyped about Crazy Rich Asians and A Star is Born. I really didn't expect that.

Halloween, Glass, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and Mortal Engines all have me stoked now based on the level of hype they received. I was really surprised by how many people like Jurassic World and Skyscraper despite the outrage at all the trailers for both those projects.

I heard the Disney panel so I think the one project I'm actually fully intrigued on is The Lion King.

For Universal, Halloween and Glass have had me hooked for a long while, and that I am glad about Fallen Kingdom getting praise. I think it may be a surprise, if done the way the trailers are not doing well enough to show.

As for Disney, they just reused the footage they had back at D23 for TLK. What I wish we got information of, was Artemis Fowl, but I guess we'll know more at a later day.

As for Disney, they just reused the footage they had back at D23 for TLK. What I wish we got information of, was Artemis Fowl, but I guess we'll know more at a later day.

I loved Artemis Fowl books as a kid but I'm not sure if Disney is going to let them use all the dark elements in the books and change it drastically.

2010 Alice and Doctor Strange would like to say hi.

Dark elements as a 12 year old being raised by a criminal syndicate and conducting illegal activities to build their wealth. There is also the element of a 12 year old kid pop sleeping pills.

(This was when the LEP were trying to kill him while he is trapped in a time field with a bomb that kills all organic life and he only way to break it is to pop sleeping pills because sleeping pills stop time in fairy tales).

Just found out that Harrison Ford's first animated role in a movie was announced at Cinemacon and it's The Secret Life of Pets 2 of all things. :lol: