What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

View attachment 7193 Something Nintendo related is going up in City Walk!

giphy.gif

For now, I'm trying to gather information on what exactly is happening in regards to this. But I am albeit..caught off-guard by it.

Did some research, it’s filming for a company named Denizen for Nintendo. Denizen does viral marketing and videos. They did the Jack Sparrow in Pirates stunt.

Denizen Company » Jack Sparrow Surprise

EDIT:

Last edited:
Switch commercial I bet to highlight the offerings on the system. Guests punch the ? box and one of the big games is shown on the large screen. Just a guess.

Do we have any idea of what this is? That's a long time to be filming an advertisement, and it doesn't seem to have any interactions with the guests.

Also, there's somebody wearing a Switch shirt in the second pic. Might be nothing, but it's still there.

It seemed like there was some people on the previous day doing something MK8 related..but at the same time, I am starting to wonder why they'd go through the issue of continuing film, especially if it'd be just for promotional material.

Perhaps it could mean something that we don't expect?

It seemed like there was some people on the previous day doing something MK8 related..but at the same time, I am starting to wonder why they'd go through the issue of continuing film, especially if it'd be just for promotional material.

Perhaps it could mean something that we don't expect?

And then there's the question as to why they're filming in USH in the first place. What's the point?

And then there's the question as to why they're filming in USH in the first place. What's the point?

That, I could guess of one of two things:

1: Nintendo Recommended Universal Citywalk because of the amount of crowds who come through to Denizen, and also via the trust from the Partnership

orr...and this is a stretch, and is purely a guess.

2: Nintendo and Denizen are filming an announcement video for something Universal-related..that has nothing to do with the theme park itself. If they did a tour and it would've kicked off at Universal (ala' Odyssey from Last Year), we would've gotten told of it. And that the only reason why Universal doesn't want their name on it, is to keep the reveal of something Nintendo-related a surprise.

That, is my complete and fully educated guess. I don't have anyone to back up on that, but I am wanting to maybe give somethings that are rattling through my mind.

That, I could guess of one of two things:

1: Nintendo Recommended Universal Citywalk because of the amount of crowds who come through to Denizen, and also via the trust from the Partnership

orr...and this is a stretch, and is purely a guess.

2: Nintendo and Denizen are filming an announcement video for something Universal-related..that has nothing to do with the theme park itself. If they did a tour and it would've kicked off at Universal (ala' Odyssey from Last Year), we would've gotten told of it. And that the only reason why Universal doesn't want their name on it, is to keep the reveal of something Nintendo-related a surprise.

That, is my complete and fully educated guess. I don't have anyone to back up on that, but I am wanting to maybe give somethings that are rattling through my mind.

Small question: Why couldn't it be theme park related? They did say that something Nintendo related would be announced this year for Orlando, I don't see why Hollywood wouldn't be included as well. After all, the thing is rumored to open in 2021, and there has been height balloon testing.