CityWalk Hollywood | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it's probably going to be a while; but the corporate side of USH would love to have NBCSports Grill Brew. It does look good considering the odds but who knows.

The work on the fountains is quite extensive.  I don't know it it's maintenance or if they'll be all different when done.  Anyone?

CityWalk_102515_1.jpg

Smashburger looks very close to being done but my battery died so no photo.

What I noticed while up there on Saturday was that it appears the new fountain will actually be a legit fountain. No more flat surface with water blasts... which means, NO MORE STUPID KIDS PLAYING IN SAID FOUNTAIN! :D  At least that is what it looks like...

What I noticed while up there on Saturday was that it appears the new fountain will actually be a legit fountain. No more flat surface with water blasts... which means, NO MORE STUPID KIDS PLAYING IN SAID FOUNTAIN! :D At least that is what it looks like...
You must've had a very sad childhood....I was one of those "stupid" kids playing in said fountain a few times when I was very little.... -____-

To bring back some positivity, I think it's because the fountain within Universal Plaza pretty much mimics this during the summer. Also, aesthetically it'll look very nice now.

Reactions: Allia
CityWalk and their sister company NBC4 will hold a special event at 5 Towers Plaza this Friday. More information below:

NBC4 Presents The Wishing Tree at Universal CityWalk, Granting Holiday Wishes to Guests and Viewers Live

Visitors and Viewers May Make Wishes, Beginning Friday, November 27

Universal City, California – November 23, 2015 – During this joyful season of giving, Universal CityWalk and NBC4 Southern California are collaborating to present the first-ever “The Wishing Tree” event, inviting the public to pay it forward by making a wish for someone deserving.

From Friday, November 27 through Tuesday, December 22, Universal CityWalk visitors may place their wishes for friends and family next to the decorative trees adorning Universal CityWalk’s “5 Towers” plaza.  NBC4 viewers can also share their wishes at www.NBCLA.com/wishingtree.

Wishes will be granted live weeknights from December 9 – 23 during the NBC4 News at 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. from Universal CityWalk with longtime NBC4 Weathercaster Fritz Coleman.

Those visiting The Wishing Tree are encouraged to post photos and video using [HASHTAG]#NBC4You[/HASHTAG].  Updates and a schedule of the Holidays at Universal CityWalk can be found at www.CityWalkHollywood.com as well as on CityWalk’s Facebook- Universal CityWalk Hollywood, Twitter and Instagram @CityWalkLA. Viewers can tune in to NBC4’s Today in LA at 4:30 – 7 a.m. and News at Noon, and follow @NBCLA on Facebook and Instagram for highlights of the surprising moments.

“NBC4 is pleased to collaborate with our family at Universal CityWalk on The Wishing Tree and inspire a tradition of giving during the holidays,” said Steve Carlston, President and General Manager of NBC4 Southern California.  “The Wishing Tree aligns with the station’s legacy of supporting the community through several philanthropic initiatives.”

In addition to The Wishing Tree, Universal CityWalk will ring in the season with a wintertime transformation from Friday, November 28, 2015 through Friday, January 1, 2016.  A spectacular 40-foot tall Christmas tree will glisten with 200,000 LED icicles choreographed to the lights and sounds of the season in the “5 Towers” plaza, plus Santa Claus will make nightly appearances and offer special photo opportunities. Each evening, snow falls hourly at the heart of CityWalk. Admission to Universal CityWalk is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another view of fountain progress.

Citywalk_112515_2.jpg

Construction walls are down around entry gate but pavement surface is far from done.

Gate_112515_2.jpg

And some of what is "done" sure doesn't seem right.

Citywalk_112515_1.jpg

Even the construction walls around these turnstiles are down.  Not sure what changed though.

Gate_112515_1.jpg

Reactions: BernardMesa
No matter how done Hogsmeade might be they can't open it early if only because all the ancillary projects aren't done, yet.  Access roads, pedestrian bridge, new parking structure, oodles of construction walls, unfinished walking surfaces, incomplete retail and restaurant renovations, signage that isn't updated, etc.  Here are some CityWalk projects still in progress.

Significant portions of CityWalk and the ticketing area are still behind walls.

Citywalk_120415_1.jpg

The fountains aren't ready.  (Gosh they look complicated!)

Citywalk_120415_2.jpg
Citywalk_120415_3.jpg

Even Pink's is closed for renovation.

Citywalk_120415_4.jpg

Shoe Palace is moving slowly, too.  No pic.

What do you think, might this be for valet?  This is just to the right of Buca di Beppo and one level below the pedestrian bridge coming from the new parking structure.

ParkingStructure_120415_2.jpg

Some recent construction walls have gone.  The pavement is done but not well.  They'll fix that, right? 

Citywalk_120615_1.jpg
Citywalk_120615_2.jpg
Citywalk_120615_3.jpg

Realized today that the Things From Another World sign is still up there.

Citywalk_120615_4.jpg

Remember how several of the palm trees were poking through the atrium ceiling?  Well, they're replacing them all to an attractive height.

Citywalk_120615_5.jpg
Citywalk_120615_6.jpg