Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

IMG_1832.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts on how parking is going to work in the new structure. I made a little map thing of what it might be. You might have to drive around the structure, pay for parking then you will go in the new structure and there might be employees telling you to drive all the way down into the curious george structure and the new structure will be used one curious george is full. This could be a process similar to disneyland's parking structure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the photo of what my guess is for the new structure.

16512114454_a3383a75c0_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The former Panda building seen above is currently being used as the employee grille while Take 5 is being expanded.
Ouch. That's a bit more of a walk.

Didn't know Panda Inn was closed but that's cool. At least I won't be reminded of awkward date memories anymore.

So I've seen pictures and apparently the AMC theater on City walk is now 'Jurassic World' themed?
I believe they've just placed themed decals on the doors and windows of the entrance to the theater, and a replica of the Gyrosphere from the film. Universal typically does something like this for their larger, more anticipated films (I.E.: Despicable Me 2, Furious 7, etc).

That's not weird at all.....Hello Kitty is one of the highest earned and most popular Intellectual Properties around to this day.

Hello Kitty's net worth is almost like $5 billion per year or a number close to that I remember.

Some CityWalk updates.

I don't remember this misting thing.  New?  Seems kinda random.  Isn't the fountain fun enough?  I don't mean for that to sound as though I have a problem with it but it feels like a bit of overkill to me.

CityWalk_061215_a1.jpg

Staircase progresses.  Perhaps this allows all those new employees in the building access to the remodeled concession building.

CityWalk_061215_1.jpg

Dropoff area looking complete, finally.  Still some utility work at Buca di Beppo's front door, though.

CityWalk_061215_2.jpg
CityWalk_061215_3.jpg
CityWalk_061215_4.jpg

While at CityWalk this past Sunday, I noticed people going in and out of the old Things From Another World location. The sign out front said it was for an employee event. I've decided not to post pictures of what I saw inside, but I spotted some Hello Kitty merchandise among souvenirs from other licenses that are found regularly around the park (Transformers pillows, Despicable Me shirts, etc).

19175171379_4e68e0b550_z.jpg

18738797864_c12c04559f_z.jpg