Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Don't know, but if it did, that's exciting!  I'm bummed about Flame Broiler closing, though.  I really like that chain, and it was often our go-to spot.  That said, it never seemed to be very busy, and that particular branch didn't always have the best customer service, so that's not too much of a surprise.  Maybe we'll get an even exchange with a Waba Grill?  No inside info, just my own wish.

If they get rid of Flame Broiler, they need to replace that with a WaBa Grill or something healthy. I also like eating at Flame Broiler. It would be a darn shame to have Subway as the only healthy option out there since I find the subs to be a bit stale often times. 

Anyone know the current opening hours of VooDoo?  Last I heard, it was noon-5, but I don't know if that's current. 

They haven't yet listed hours at the main VooDoo website, and Yelp says 8am-9pm, which I don't think is accurate.

Yesterday (Sat Mar 25) it was open 8am-9pm. Still crazy busy. This was taken about 3pm

Voodoo_zpseyyhaebq.jpg

I waited in that line when it was roughly that length yesterday, and it ended up being a 30-45 minute wait. There were at least 10 Universal employees giving questionnaires to guests leaving the shop too.

One of the team members doing crowd control told me it was supposed to be the last day the switchbacks would be in use, but he and I both laughed at that thought when we turned around and looked at the queue.

For anyone that has tried them, what are your thoughts on Voodoo Doughnuts? I personally enjoyed it. I may be boring, but I preferred the normal cake doughnut with icing and sprinkles. 

I got two raised donuts: the Voodoo Doll (chocolate donut with raspberry filling) and the Hollywood Cream (maple donut with Bavarian cream inside). Both were good, but they were pretty massive. I was shocked at how heavy they were. I also got the Honeybush Tea, which was described to me by the cashier as a sweet, carbonated tea, so I decided to go for it. The best way I could describe it is if a Ricola cough drop was made into a soda. I took two sips and couldn't bring myself to finish it. For the most part, however, I enjoyed my experience and thought the donuts were good. I just don't think they warranted the +60 minute wait my friend and I endured.

Two tips for anyone going who hasn't yet: don't underestimate the length of that queue outside the shop, and don't get the Honeybush Tea.

We got a mix of the "specialty" donuts (bubble gum and tang), and "normal" (triple chocolate, and traditional chocolate glaze).  And to our surprise, our favorite was the traditional chocolate glaze.  The quality of the chocolate was really good.

That said, I don't know if I'd wait in that line again.  There's equally good donuts at Colorado Donut in Eagle Rock (if you haven't seen their Cookie Monster donut, you haven't lived), and much less of a line.  :)

I wonder if Voodoo will affect the sales of Sparky's in CityWalk and Lard Lad inside the park. All three seem to garner decent lines in coexistence.. for now.

Downtown Disney has two Starbucks, not counting the ones in the parks, and the CM-only one, I believe.

I think duplicates of food can do just fine.

Downtown Disney has two Starbucks, not counting the ones in the parks, and the CM-only one, I believe.

I think duplicates of food can do just fine.

True, but they're different kinds of Donuts. I think both will do fine. Sparky's Donuts are quick, on-the-go plain Donuts while Voodoo is more popular and fancier. Also, do either of those places have a giant Big Pink? All three will do just fine. 

If anything USH should be known as the donut (and simulator) capitol of the world. They each have their own flare.