Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk Hollywood

Last time I was there about 3 days ago, I was able to get a small peek through the cracks of the walls, and it still looks really torn up inside. I don't know what the hold up is either, but it's still gonna be a while I'd say.

That said, the interior of Camacho's and Antojitos are drastically different, so I can imagine they'd need a lot of re-configuring and massive changes to design elements. If I'm not mistaken, isn't the one in Orlando two stories (granted, I've never seen them use the second level)? And the Hollywood one is actually sunken into the ground with a pretty clear and essentially unmovable boundary with that fountain adjacent to it. It'll be interesting to compare the two once it's eventually open.

Only reason it took so long is bc it wasn’t a high priority project, though. There was no rush.
You can say that again. :lol:....I seem to recall someone saying there was some issues that developed with the foundation, or something like that........(Rideguy)Yes, Antojotos in Orlando is two stories. I was on the second floor the first two years it opened, though I haven't been there since.

Just got an e-mail announcement: Howl at the Moon will be leaving CityWalk for a new location on Hollywood Boulevard. The new venue is scheduled to open in late October/ early November. More information can be found on their website.

Just got an e-mail announcement: Howl at the Moon will be leaving CityWalk for a new location on Hollywood Boulevard. The new venue is scheduled to open in late October/ early November. More information can be found on their website.

That's..actually a pretty good sized venue.

Makes me curious if it'll be used for something new at Citywalk, or if they relocate some of the backstage stuff for that location (as that floor also has the Media and Security things).

Happy to get Toothsome, but shame we can't keep Hard Rock too, it's not like there isn't space in CityWalk.

I'm not super sad about losing Hard Rock Cafe. I'm personally shocked people even go at all anymore; not like they're all that hard to find, and I've never really found the food to be especially memorable. Even Las Vegas got rid of the Hard Rock restaurant outside their own hotel (I do believe they still have the one off the Strip).

Plus, if you really miss it, there's a newer, nicer one about 2 freeway exits away off the Hollywood & Highland area.

If it doesn't indeed turn out to Toothsome, I will be incredibly happy.

Now if only they did something on the Saddle Ranch plot.
I don't see any thing going there anytime soon. It is in such a bad spot. Blocked by security. And a pain to walk to if you have to walk around all the security booths. Just my opinion. I would not build a restaurant or store there.

^That'll look a lot better and less confusing when they take down the Angl banners all around it. But it sure went in quick without much warning!

From IU: Hard Rock Cafe has now entered the vault for USH, as the signage is removed from the front.

Additionally, Its Sugar is now closed for a remodeling of the store.