CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk vs. Downtown Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

CityWalk or Downtown Disney?

• CityWalk

Votes: 54 55.7%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • I love both!

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters
Jul 9, 2008
Near Universal Orlando
It's the thread that will rock :eek:u: entirely, Citiwalk vs. Downtown Disney. I made this to hear opinions so let's hear 'em.

I choose Citiwalk because I am a fan of nightlife as one might call it so I like the clubs, restraunts, and music scene that is at Citiwalk. It's also not so bad seeing bands playing every once in a while to on Citiwalk. The clubs also aren't that bad. Although I've only been in The Groove, I've heard good things about all the clubs. The shops on Citiwalk also aren't that bad and it's a really enjoyable area. Makes the walks to the parks much more enjoyable.

I have to go with Downtown Disney. I don't like the crowd that CityWalk attracts. I feel much more comfortable at Downtown Disney.

I went with CityWalk. <- Correct spelling. :thumbs:

It's more appealing to my generation, and I enjoy the restaurants there more than at Downtown Disney.

Plus, IMO, CityWalk's movie theater pwns DD's. :p

I went with CityWalk. I love the atmosphere, especially at night and you just can't go wrong with Margaritaville and Pat O'Briens. I recently ate at Bubba Gumps for the first time and really liked it too.

I like BOTH:happy:

CityWalk has more affordable food and all of it is spectacular. No dispute they when on Nightlife well because they actually permanent night clubs.

Down Town is great also though. More Metal Bands play at the House of Blue and that is a good place to eat also. Plus the Lego shop is awesome, and the place where you can make candy is the bomb.

I don't go to either of there movie theaters because both of them are overpriced, and they are equal when it comes to Special Entertainment(Cirque and Blue)

CW for me. More affordable. Pat O' Brien's, Margaritaville, HRC, NBA City, Bubba Gump etc just seem morel like my kind of restaurants. Even though House of Blues is very good. HoB<HRC

The movie theater at Downtown Disney has the best theater chairs. City Walk does make leaving HHN interesting to see what the Hoochies are wearing to the clubs and the last few times there seems to be more a thuggish element. Also is Pat O' Brian's in the park or in City Walk area?
I have been in the clubs there and the drinks are higher to me then other bars, but that is what you get with high rent and a theme.

Downtown Disney is more of a family atmosphere as per most of Disney things. The clubs are not really that close(and soon to be gone) from the shopping area. I like how Downtown Disney is a separate locations it just seems like you are going somewhere else.

Do people buy stuff at the Virgin Mega store, there Cd prices are very high or it seems that to me. House of Blues as a Venue get a huge amount of concerts. But I love the smell of Cinabon at City Walk.

I do love going in the giant Disney store and the pirate jail cell thing is very cool.

I hate clubs and the clubbing types so I choose DTD. I like the shops down there a lot better too...Art of Disney, the Christmas one, and the store with all the Disney home goods are my faves on the Village side. I love Virgin on the Westside.

Not to mention, its so much less of a pain to get too. The parking situation sucks at Universal/CityWalk. I hate having to do a 10 mile hike to get to the action.

I just really can't stand the crowd that CityWalk attracts though. I like Margaritaville though. That's really my only reason for stopping between the parking lot and one of the parks.

^She's got a good point on the walking lol. When I was a passholder it was for some reason like instinct or something. I'd look down at say yea I'm not walking to IOA so instead I'd goto USF because I always thought that Islands was farther. Maybe that's why I have 94 Mummy rides? But anyway the hiking situation is not fun at all and I like how at DTD you can park next to say Bongo's or DisneyQuest and not walk a mile.

Not to mention, its so much less of a pain to get too. The parking situation sucks at Universal/CityWalk. I hate having to do a 10 mile hike to get to the action.

That's why I sometimes just wanna do the Valet :lol:

I think they are similar enough to compare but different enough to declare a determined winner. In all seriousness where would you rather eat me...CityWalk. But I would rather shop at DTD.

The movie theaters are both overpriced. I'm not gonna pay anything over 9 bucks for a ticket end of story. Both of those theaters are out of my way anyways.

Hey if the seats comfy, and the screens big enough and if the popcorn tastes good. I'm willing to pay $9 to see Iron Man or the new Mummy 3 lol.
My usual is 9 and it's much closer than Universal. Sure I could get a discount there but the gas is the main reason I don't go there. PI a ticket is like 11 bucks...screw that.

The DTD theater is closer for us...not to mention cheaper. We pay $8 there with our Passholder discounts. Its not exactly my favorite theater though. In the bigger rooms the chairs are really uncomfortable. I miss the huge couch seats at Muvico back home. :(

The DTD theater is closer for us...not to mention cheaper. We pay $8 there with our Passholder discounts. Its not exactly my favorite theater though. In the bigger rooms the chairs are really uncomfortable. I miss the huge couch seats at Muvico back home. :(
I still think Festival Bay has the best movie theater in the whole city. They have those nice, comfy, reclining seats. In general AMC isn't that great. Even though my home town had a old cinema Carmike was so affordable. Matinee was $4.50 and regular was $6.00, the popcorn and drinks combo was like $7 also. I miss that movie theater and although it only had 3 large movie rooms it was great. For a town the size I lived in I'm still shocked it was a Cinema 7.

I go to Disney probably three times a week on average and Universal once every other week. A lot of days I simply don't feel like going to Universal because of how hard it is to get to the parks. I absolutely hate having to walk that far and dodging people to get in and since we only go for a few hours at a time, I'd much rather go to Disney where I can get right through the gates in about 5 minutes versus Universal's 15.

The crowd at CityWalk is gradually getting worse and worse. I remember coming sometime in 2000 on vacation and the crowd has changed a lot since then. Now there are too many party animals, wannabe hookers, and then there are the thugs that are just hanging out doing nothing. You wouldn't believe the amount of drug and sex related stories I've heard that have taken place at CityWalk. I think if they got rid of the Free Parking after certain hours it would really help with the thug crowd coming just to hang around. Maybe even make it where everybody pays to park (except Passholders) and then if you go to a movie, restaurant, or club they can give you a validation that you can take to a window and redeem for a parking refund. Heck, on the business side of things, a lot of people wouldn't take the time or would want to avoid the line so they wouldn't bother getting the parking refund which gives Universal some extra cash. ;)