Classic battle: Ice or Fire? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Classic battle: Ice or Fire?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which Dragon do you perfer?

• Total voters
Just rode both this weekend, and while I like Ice more than I used to, I still think fire is better just because I think it has better pacing.

Ice has an awesome beginning with the huge overbank turn and zero G roll. However, I never enjoyed the cobra roll, and Ice seems like it just...ends.

I have no idea why Ice seems like it has a wimpy ending since both coasters end with the same element, it just...does.

I know pretty much nothing about coasters and all the tech talk that goes into them but fire is easily my favorite. Have no idea why either just more thrilling to me. I do have to give props to the wall on the ice side though. Amazing WOAH feeling

I know pretty much nothing about coasters and all the tech talk that goes into them but fire is easily my favorite. Have no idea why either just more thrilling to me. I do have to give props to the wall on the ice side though. Amazing WOAH feeling

Fire has some good foot choppers now with the proximity of the Hogsmeade station.

Last week I was able to get front row on BOTH coasters. In all my years going there I don't think I've ever gotten front row. I got on Hulk on the front row years back but I don't remember it too well. But holy cow is it so much more intense in the front. You legitimately feel like you're flying. Getting to see everything in front of you and not the back of the seats in front of you. If you haven't done it in the front row I recommend trying it. Best time would be right as the park opens while everyone's on FJ. Especially this time of year. Hogsmeade was dead last Tuesday.

On to the thread topic I think Fire is more intense.

Fire has some good foot choppers now with the proximity of the Hogsmeade station.

Seriously? Haven't been on it since they started construction for HS. Thanks for the tip I gotta try it out now

- - - Updated - - -

Last week I was able to get front row on BOTH coasters. In all my years going there I don't think I've ever gotten front row. I got on Hulk on the front row years back but I don't remember it too well. But holy cow is it so much more intense in the front. You legitimately feel like you're flying. Getting to see everything in front of you and not the back of the seats in front of you. If you haven't done it in the front row I recommend trying it. Best time would be right as the park opens while everyone's on FJ. Especially this time of year. Hogsmeade was dead last Tuesday.

On to the thread topic I think Fire is more intense.

The only way to do dragons is the front row. You can't tell or see what's happening any other row and that why I'm not really that big fan of this ride. Having your wait time double just to get on the only row that matters rubs me the wrong way

Yeah front is amazing, has a great psychological effect, especially on ice. Most of the time I don't feel like the extra wait though, so most of the time I go with the last row :)

Yeah front is amazing, has a great psychological effect, especially on ice. Most of the time I don't feel like the extra wait though, so most of the time I go with the last row :)

Yeah it's pretty much all luck if the line for the front row is reasonable so I almost always just get a middle row. For that reason alone I've never been in the front row for hulk

Even though the theming in the line for the ride is TERRIBLE now, I remember thinking Ice looked pretty cool (pun slightly intended). However, n terms of thrills, which is really all that matters now, I think Fire is superior; you can even see where the near-miss moments used to happen.

Yeah it's pretty much all luck if the line for the front row is reasonable so I almost always just get a middle row. For that reason alone I've never been in the front row for hulk

One time I lucked out and got in the front row for Hulk with single rider. Was pretty fun, but not worth waiting for imo.

I prefer Fire. Ice doesn't have any "wow!" moments for me like Fire's camelback and helix after the second Immelmann. I also don't like how Ice's cobra roll takes up two of its five inversion slots. A second zero-g roll would have been awesome.

The Singapore Dueling Coaster(battlestar) is going to reopen after a long down time.(this fall)
Do you think they reprofiled the ride so it can Duel again?
They may have added shields (plexiglass) to separate/protect riders ?
Can they turn the track slightly so anything launched/dropped from one train will miss the other train ?

It is not so simple to be able to foresee how an object falling out of someone's pocket will behave, so the only way to really be completely sure nothing can hit something from one train to the other is to have completely sealed off from one another. That being said, it is also possible for something falling from one train to hit that same train. I once had it on Kraken that I almost got hit in the face by someone's baseball that had flown off ...

As for Battlestar, I thought that the reason it was closed was because there were structural errors.