Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Classic Monster Reboot - Dark Universe

I'll defend CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON as a legitimately solid B-movie, though. And the Gill Man himself is an iconic creation...

hangingout.jpg

Perhaps the coolest design of any of the Classic Monsters.

Condon’s filmography is hit-or-miss with me, but him signing onto this project would excite me. He’s a real deal, old school horror fan with a deep affection for the James Whale/Universal Frankenstein films, in particular. And TWILIGHT movies aside, he usually takes great care with believable character work.

Better start getting those Mummy rides in, I wonder how long it would be before Mummy gets closed for a refurb if this does gangbuster money at the cinema (which I expect it to do just seeing the trailers)

Better start getting those Mummy rides in, I wonder how long it would be before Mummy gets closed for a refurb if this does gangbuster money at the cinema (which I expect it to do just seeing the trailers)

The online perception despite each trailer getting better has been overwhelming mixed based on social media sites and trailer reviewers saying no one asked for this, this will suck, why is Universal trying to be like Marvel and DC when they can't. But then again people said that same stuff with Fate of the Furious online and it done boohoo amount of money.

Oh no Universal wants to do movies that link and make them lots of money, how dare they copy everyone else (well Marvel as DC is still kind iffy atm :p )

Yeah, just like how Jurassic Park got Jurassic World updates... wait, crap... or how MSHI got MCU updates... wait, crap...

Regardless of how this movie does, Mummy needs to be closed and updated...Ideally, in my perfect world, it would be a redux including the classic monsters, the outside would be the Universal Monster Museum....but ya know...

I am excited to see how this one does, it seems the Monster's Universe has restarted several times

Don't get too excited about the Creature movie.

Hearing iffy things about Mummy's shooting script. Supposedly Tom Cruise's involvement helped significantly, so it could turn around.