Cobra's Curse | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Cobra's Curse

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm surprised by how little love this is getting.

I think it looks like a fun ride but it's shorter than I was expecting. It could be the way the video has been edited though.
Still longer than most coasters though. And I agree, this really looks like a fun addition. If this is successful I can see Seaworld getting something similar. Bet this ride will be really nice once all the landscaping is done.

Reactions: Scott W.
Was at the park today and Cobra's Curse looks great. The entrance area is awesome, and the ride in general looks amazing. Was kind of bummed they didn't seem to be cycling today, but they had one of the first lifts at the top all day and seemed to be working on that. I remember that kind of lift being a real PITA for the Intamin chutes ride at Holiday World (no longer there), so hopefully similar issues don't plague this ride.

Since Kong hasn't received his traditional sacrifice from Universal yet, it looks like he's organizing rides & shows at all the parks to delay, delay, delay, until he gets his due. Rivers of Light was the first hit. ;)

I know seriously. Mako looks to be the only ride this season that is going to hit its target date and also is looking like it will be the first one open to riders. Maybe Kong softs before Mako softs. But this is one crazy year with delays. In all fairness Soarin at Epcot I believe was ready to go on time, but the whole Shanghai thing caused issues there. So at least that one was red tape and not technical. But this is the year of technical delays for sure.

Reactions: anihilnation
I know seriously. Mako looks to be the only ride this season that is going to hit its target date and also is looking like it will be the first one open to riders. Maybe Kong softs before Mako softs. But this is one crazy year with delays. In all fairness Soarin at Epcot I believe was ready to go on time, but the whole Shanghai thing caused issues there. So at least that one was red tape and not technical. But this is the year of technical delays for sure.
Sorry, but it really is the Kong thing. Nope, it's not techs, Shanghai, or luck. When Kong gets upset, look out. Universal better start looking for that sacrifice. What the heh, they could always use one of those software engineers that was lacking in job performance with the vehicle/scene communication. No one would miss them. :lol:

Sorry, but it really is the Kong thing. Nope, it's not techs, Shanghai, or luck. When Kong gets upset, look out. Universal better start looking for that sacrifice. What the heh, they could always use one of those software engineers that was lacking in job performance with the vehicle/scene communication. No one would miss them. :lol:

I say they use their website or app programmers, I know I would not miss them :lol:

Maybe the more sacrifices the more these projects move faster!

Originally there were exclusive ride times for pass members every (?) weekend in June, but that has since changed. Now they are every weekend in July, from 8:30 to 9:30 AM (one hour before park opening).

This is probably related to the fact that the media day was postponed, too.

So are there any updates on this? I was looking to go to Busch Gardens July 4 weekend in hopes of riding this, but the push back of the media day has me a bit concerned.

2016 year of the delays.

I agree with other posters that this looks a real fun coaster, will make a point of hitting up BGT next trip to ride it.

I'm a long way out but so much to look forward to next March/April.

Uni = Kong and Hulk (maybe, just maybe VB)
SW = Mako
BGT = CC
Disney = Meh, I'm skipping Disney in 2017, have let my AP expire.

Instead of Disney will hit up DC which will also get the SW & BGT passes and renew my Uni AP.

I remeber some chat a while back that BGT were in for a hyper after FF, I think the way it turned out with SW getting the hyper and BGT getting CC worked out far better. CC has evened out the large thrills a little and I still get to ride a hyper in Florida :)