College Football Playoff 2014 | Inside Universal Forums

College Football Playoff 2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 27, 2014
Hulk's Queue
The official College Football Playoff 2014 thread for Orlando United!
College-Football-Playoff-Logo.jpg

Alabama V. Ohio State - Florida State V. Oregon

I was quite p/oed when TCU was axed in favor of OSU. I wanted to see TCU and Oregon. Hate Bama, FSU, and Ohio State. Hoping Oregon can pull it off.

FSU doesn't even deserve to be in the TOP 10. I'm a Gator-Buckeye though so my opinion is obviously very biased.
For example, FSU barley beats an unranked team and sportscasters praise them for another game, while Ohio State struggles with an unranked them and they're like "OSU played really badly today." :shrug: I just don't understand.

FSU doesn't even deserve to be in the TOP 10. I'm a Gator-Buckeye though so my opinion is obviously very biased.
For example, FSU barley beats an unranked team and sportscasters praise them for another game, while Ohio State struggles with an unranked them and they're like "OSU played really badly today." :shrug: I just don't understand.

I'm no OSU fan, but they played pretty well considering they played with a backup QB and then beat the crap out of Wis with the 3rd string. The last game snuck em in.

The highest ranked team they beat was ND, and we all know how controversial that was. They struggled with a lot of average ACC opponents. The fact they were only unbeaten team in the power conferences was what basically got them in.

For the record, also a Gator fan.

The highest ranked team they beat was ND, and we all know how controversial that was. They struggled with a lot of average ACC opponents. The fact they were only unbeaten team in the power conferences was what basically got them in.

For the record, also a Gator fan.
Go Gators! FSU has struggled this year against easy teams, with the exception of ND and Gators to an extent. Also taking what BriMan said above about how we've gone through 2 of our quarterbacks and still managed to destroy Wisconsin. I wish the Playoff voters would ask themselves one question when deciding how to rank teams: "Did that team exceed expectations?" Nearly every time Ohio State has gone above and beyond that. People will complain there in the Final Four, but OSU deserves to be in it.

Obviously you know who I want to win lol...

TCU didn't get robbed though. They had no business being ranked #3 in the first place. Also, the great thing about the committee vs the BCS is that they look at things besides W's and L's. The strength of schedule of Ohio State is much greater than that of TCU or Baylor…the fact that they pick the most ridiculously cupcake games for their out-of-conference schedule deserved to bite them in the butt. Also, the whole TCU vs Baylor thing was tricky…I wouldn't be surprised to see some changes made to the Big 12 in the next couple of years to allow for a conference championship game. But either way, the decision to move Ohio State ahead of TCU and Baylor was completely merited.

As for FSU, they're really only there because they are undefeated. Even though they struggle (we honestly would have beat them had it not been for a few terrible field goal attempts), it just wouldn't look right to have the only undefeated team NOT playing in the final four when the playoff committee is under the most scrutiny it ever will be. That being said, I hope Oregon beats the living :censored: out of them, because I can't stand Jimbo, Jameis, or any of the other criminal thugs that play there.

While I would obviously like to see Ohio State win (their performance against Wisconsin was just about perfect), I think they'll have a tough time against Alabama. Alabama had a rough start but is overall the more consistent team. That being said, if Ohio State can shut down the best running back of the year with a third-string QB AND while dealing with the death of a player, then pulling a win against Alabama won't be the craziest thing they've done all season.

Overall, I'm really excited to see how this turns out. I'm actually a pretty big fan of the new playoff system so far, even though I wouldn't mind them expanding the playoff to 8 teams, as unfeasible as that may be.

And in honor of all the FSU hate going on…
http://d3f5994kvuwcz1.cloudfront.ne.../11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-25-at-10.52.56-AM.png
:p

Last edited:
Oregon 59; FSU 20! I'm so glad Oregon destroyed the Noles! They just folded in the 2nd half. Half time at Orleans OSU 20; Bama 21, this one is stressing me out because the Buckeyes were just playing awful during the 1st quarter. Fingers crossed though. GO BUCKS!

O-H-I-O! OSU 42; BAMA 35. Buckeyes have beaten the odds every single time! ESPN still says Oregon has a 60% chance of winning but how legitimate is that considering they also had Wisconsin and Alabama beating them?:happy: Great day for the Buckeyes!

What a great day of football. As much as it makes my SEC look bad, Ohio State's win was AMAZING to watch. But the real star of the day was that FSU stomping. Now all those Noles can shut up about deserving to be #1, they didnt even deserve a spot in the Top 10 with a performance like that. Must suck to be a Seminole, without their football team they have pretty much nothing. Oh, btw, like Kirk Herbstreit pointed out it was really nice that the majority of them went crying straight to the locker room after the game had ended rather than shake hands on the field--what a classless organization. SO glad they lost :lol:

So now we have Oregon vs Ohio State. I think that Ohio State being a sort of wild card underdog is going to definitely work to their advantage. Alabama has been at the top of the game under Nick Saban for so long that it wasn't going to be hard for Oregon to figure out what they had to do to beat them. Urban Meyer isn't afraid to take risks though. They're going to be tougher to prepare for. I think it'll be a great game and both teams could win but I don't think Oregon is the clear-cut favorite...wouldn't surprise me to see Ohio State take this one. It's going to be a great game.

Somebody now please try and tell me FSU deserved to be in the playoff.

They just **** the bed.

They deserved to be there. Every team can have a bad game. FG kicker who has only missed 3 kicks ever misses and 4 fumbles in one quarter. If we dont fumble on the 30 go in and score we are up and its a whole different game...Any power 5 team that goes undefeated should be in the playoffs...

Ohio state was awesome in the champ game. Makes me wonder if who they have at starting qb next year. They should be fav to win again next year.

FSU did deserve to be there, but thank god it's a playoff system now. If this was the BCS, it'd be Alabama v FSU most likely and there would be a lot more controversy then any other BCS title game. They didn't deserve that spot if it was the old way.

The playoff system worked.