What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Concept for USH's 2nd Gate and How it Could Work

Jul 2, 2013
Orange County, CA
When you ask theme park fans about USH and how much we want and need a 2nd gate, they generally laugh and say "never going to happen", "not possible", ect. Well, it's very possible. Universal has the room, the infrastructure in place, they eventually just need to pull the trigger. The 2nd gate would be located on the opposite side of the original park. Where Falls Lake, iFly, War of the World, Psycho, Whoville, some maintenance buildings, and Fast and Furious Supercharged currently sit giving us about 40 acres of land to work with. Most of those facilities can be relocated, especially Falls Lake. The Psycho House has been moved in the past so the "destroying Hollywood history" argument holds no merit. The layout would look something like this:

ushproperty2.jpg

The only major issue I see happening is how close Universal will be able to build to the homes. Knowing that Universal does own a majority of the homes along the ridge, I don't see this being an issue much longer.

So what will this park entail, it will consist of 6 lands.

Infinity Street: A main street-escque marketplace with an immersive story telling theater and Land of the Lost boat ride attraction (it ties in with the theme of the street perfectly)

Port of Europa: This land has 3 sublands, an Italian pavilion, London Street and French Square as well as a small lagoon, large enough to host a nighttime show. The London Street will house Kings Cross Theater, since the Hogwarts Express may not be a possibility I have come up with a concept to house a Jason Bourne themed stunt show held within the famous train station just like in the films.

Diagon Alley: Self Explanatory, slight layout change in order to fit the park's layout.

Sci-Fi City: Inspired by the popular land at Universal Singapore, this land will house 3 attractions. a Ready Player One simulator, Pacific Rim trackless shooter and a Voltron Legendary Defender play area. Essentially a life-size Lion of Voltron that you can climb into, play with buttons, slide down, ect.

Horror Island: This is Universal's ultimate love letter to the iconic Universal Monsters franchise. Set amonst a huge rock mountain (that also hides ET), the main Icon of this land will be Dracula's Castle. Here you can explore the main labyrinths and discover some of his biggest secrets. The Inner Sanctum is what every horror fan has wanted, a themed meet and greet where all the iconic Universal Monsters come out to play. This land also houses a large seated venue facing towards the lagoon where a mass capacity Water Arena type show can take place.

Lost Continent: Inspired by the land at IOA, this takes things a bit futher. The signature attractions are Skull Island Reign of Kong, a life size Kong meet and greet, a Water Rapids ride through Atlantis ruins, the popular Mythos Restaurant, Prehistoric Flyers and Poseidon's Fury.

Here is my vision in full:

KylePeeksGate2Dream.jpg

What do you think? What changes would you make? I think it's totally possible for us to have a 2nd gate. They just have to be creative with the layout and prioritize story over IP. Though they do work hand in hand. Jaws Lake would eventually become the future expansion area and that would require another Star Way to the lower lot.

I want to see the acres comparison of the 2nd gate as opposed to USF and IOA to give it a better perspective. That would give me the impression what type of rides or lands they would have. :)

I want to see the acres comparison of the 2nd gate as opposed to USF and IOA to give it a better perspective. That would give me the impression what type of rides or lands they would have. :)

All of the buildings and lands are to scale and are how they would actually fit if built at USH with the exception of Sci-Fi City which is essentially Marvel Super Hero Island, I scaled that down a little bit, but the spider-man building would still be large enough for a major trackless dark-ride. I used buildings and elements from parks all over the world. For land of the Lost I used Maelstron's show building, ect.

USF is about 71-73 acres (not counting the giant expansion plot to the next area of Men in Black and Simpsons).

IOA, is about 83 acres.

USH, if they get creative; can do almost a 43 acre park, and while that may seem small, it isn't.

I would assume they'd go for a Singapore level park for a second park, offering variety. If Diagon is going to USH and not the second park, that could leave the door more open to having Pokemon or Zelda get a good spot for the second gate.

When you ask theme park fans about USH and how much we want and need a 2nd gate, they generally laugh and say "never going to happen", "not possible", ect. Well, it's very possible. Universal has the room, the infrastructure in place, they eventually just need to pull the trigger. The 2nd gate would be located on the opposite side of the original park. Where Falls Lake, iFly, War of the World, Psycho, Whoville, some maintenance buildings, and Fast and Furious Supercharged currently sit giving us about 40 acres of land to work with. Most of those facilities can be relocated, especially Falls Lake. The Psycho House has been moved in the past so the "destroying Hollywood history" argument holds no merit. The layout would look something like this:

View attachment 6171

The only major issue I see happening is how close Universal will be able to build to the homes. Knowing that Universal does own a majority of the homes along the ridge, I don't see this being an issue much longer.

So what will this park entail, it will consist of 6 lands.

Infinity Street: A main street-escque marketplace with an immersive story telling theater and Land of the Lost boat ride attraction (it ties in with the theme of the street perfectly)

Port of Europa: This land has 3 sublands, an Italian pavilion, London Street and French Square as well as a small lagoon, large enough to host a nighttime show. The London Street will house Kings Cross Theater, since the Hogwarts Express may not be a possibility I have come up with a concept to house a Jason Bourne themed stunt show held within the famous train station just like in the films.

Diagon Alley: Self Explanatory, slight layout change in order to fit the park's layout.

Sci-Fi City: Inspired by the popular land at Universal Singapore, this land will house 3 attractions. a Ready Player One simulator, Pacific Rim trackless shooter and a Voltron Legendary Defender play area. Essentially a life-size Lion of Voltron that you can climb into, play with buttons, slide down, ect.

Horror Island: This is Universal's ultimate love letter to the iconic Universal Monsters franchise. Set amonst a huge rock mountain (that also hides ET), the main Icon of this land will be Dracula's Castle. Here you can explore the main labyrinths and discover some of his biggest secrets. The Inner Sanctum is what every horror fan has wanted, a themed meet and greet where all the iconic Universal Monsters come out to play. This land also houses a large seated venue facing towards the lagoon where a mass capacity Water Arena type show can take place.

Lost Continent: Inspired by the land at IOA, this takes things a bit futher. The signature attractions are Skull Island Reign of Kong, a life size Kong meet and greet, a Water Rapids ride through Atlantis ruins, the popular Mythos Restaurant, Prehistoric Flyers and Poseidon's Fury.

Here is my vision in full:

View attachment 6172

What do you think? What changes would you make? I think it's totally possible for us to have a 2nd gate. They just have to be creative with the layout and prioritize story over IP. Though they do work hand in hand. Jaws Lake would eventually become the future expansion area and that would require another Star Way to the lower lot.

Small question. How did you make the concept map?

USF is about 71-73 acres (not counting the giant expansion plot to the next area of Men in Black and Simpsons).

IOA, is about 83 acres.

USH, if they get creative; can do almost a 43 acre park, and while that may seem small, it isn't.

I would assume they'd go for a Singapore level park for a second park, offering variety. If Diagon is going to USH and not the second park, that could leave the door more open to having Pokemon or Zelda get a good spot for the second gate.
I've always seen both IOA and USF listed as around 110 acres each, give or take a few. Are you sure your numbers are correct?.....I think Singapore Universal is 38 acres, so I guess it's doable. And DCA was pretty small 55 acres before the Cars Land addition kicked it up to 72 acres. .

I've always seen both IOA and USF listed as around 110 acres each, give or take a few. Are you sure your numbers are correct?.....I think Singapore Universal is 38 acres, so I guess it's doable. And DCA was pretty small 55 acres before the Cars Land addition kicked it up to 72 acres. .
upload_2018-3-3_16-40-17.png

upload_2018-3-3_16-41-26.png

I’ve never understood where those 110 numbers came from. That would put IoA and USF on par with Magic Kingdom. MK has always felt far bigger than either of those two parks to me personally.

IOA, is about 83 acres.

A 43 acres park would easily fit with the current USH and combined together would make them equal to Disneyland itself. No thanks, that really wouldn't work out at the end and it would be very underwhelming. Might as well not give out separate tickets for two parks then and I would only accept it if it's 74 to 90 acres. Thereby, you have plenty of opportunities to create new rides and new-themed lands.

A 43 acres park would easily fit with the current USH and combined together would make them equal to Disneyland itself. No thanks, that really wouldn't work out at the end and it would be very underwhelming. Might as well not give out separate tickets for two parks then and I would only accept it if it's 74 to 90 acres. Thereby, you have plenty of opportunities to create new rides and new-themed lands.

You do realize USH is only 35 acres right?

You do realize USH is only 35 acres right?

I actually thought it was about more to the amount of 39 acres, and not 35 (counting the tram maintenance).

Singapore would be smaller than a plausible USH 2nd gate on the current property.

I actually don't know the actual acres size of USH considering it includes the entire backlot if you type it on Google. But again, 43 acres and 35 acres combined seems very underwhelming and needs more work.

Universal (with Nintendo) heck even Disney (with Tomorrowland Shanghai) have started to do multi-level lands, so it's possible they would build vertical with the lands and attractions.

Only problem with a new park would be if there is enough attendance to justify. If Hollywood can get 2-3 on-site Universal themed hotels, I think it can hold.