Condition of the Universal Orlando Resort | Inside Universal Forums

Condition of the Universal Orlando Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 29, 2013
Today I saw these pictures. This is unacceptable. They are building better things but they have to refresh what they already have. Even if that means painting every month.

100_2591.jpg

^ that doesnt happen over night

jQgBBoOZskLS7.JPG

These tiles are discolored (and garbage on the floor)

jsRZYJI5ITwte.JPG

By looking at these 3 pictures, you wouldn't think this is a world class theme park that is about to be bombarded with millions of guest these next couple of months.

Last edited:
the basketball game is pretty embarrassing, but it's just a few things. I could go to WDW without even trying to look and find things like this that need to be fixed.

The basketball thing is the only thing I see that's a problem. It's supremely ugly.

The other two just require cleaning, and the second one would just require sweeping of the one map and receipt on the ground. :lol:

The discolored tiles are in an area that was just refurbished .I think the discolor is pollen. I have a lot on my Car now.The water area likewise was just refurbished (it was blocked off when I was there 3 weeks ago)

That said they might be cutting cleaning crew hours while slow because there are not as many guests dirtying it up. I know this may be a surprise to you but they are a business .So less coming in means they try to have less going out.

I can show you MUCH WORSE stuff at Disney. All you have to do is visit any of the Monorail stations and look inside the monorail trains themselves and you can see the definition of "unacceptable" for a world class resort destination, and they have a MUCH higher standard since they actually had one man who insisted that the parks be kept clean at all times and they claim they follow his lead in everything they do.

Pabbie,

Things getting dirty in an outdoor environment?! Say it isn't so!

Seriously, you forgot to post the 80 other pictures showing the park in perfectly acceptable condition. Clean and pristine.

-Andy

Keeping every inch of hundreds of acres clean with thousands of people treading, touching, and utilizing it everyday it not easy...Especially when you are in the business of being open 365 days a years and are in a climate like Florida

The basketball hoop, however, is ridiculous

I'm sure Bob's Space Racers is working on a new background/backboards for Dunk or Flunk. It'll be replaced entirely, I imagine, once it is fabricated.

It is rather ugly in the mean time, however.

-Andy

I've always had thought that Disney maintained their parks better than Universal, but Universal seems to be investing more into new rides and features to their resort.

I disagree completely. I don't think I've ever seen a bathroom in such disrepair as the ones at Disney; sinks that don't work, toilets messed up, dividers falling off the walls, and the horrible smoking sections (I smoke). I have also never seen puddles of vomit or other horrible things at universal. I love Disney but maintenance is not one of their strongest attributes.

I disagree completely. I don't think I've ever seen a bathroom in such disrepair as the ones at Disney; sinks that don't work, toilets messed up, dividers falling off the walls, and the horrible smoking sections (I smoke). I have also never seen puddles of vomit or other horrible things at universal. I love Disney but maintenance is not one of their strongest attributes.

My husband's family the first time they went to Uni said, well this is NOT Disney. They thought the overall condition and feel of the park was not anywhere close to what Disney does. Now this was a long time ago, however it is why they don't go nearly as often.

Now I will say this. I have never seen a cockroach at Disney. I know they exist and I have been told some stories about certain rides, but at Uni I see them all the time. Won't sit on the ground by the stage in studios because I watched one crawl on someone sitting down. They overall are not as "clean" as Disney which causes this issue. Now is this changing? Yes. But it doesn't happen over night. In the last year I have seen less cockroaches, so that is an improvement.

So give it time and these things will be fixed. No park is perfect and no park is going to have everything 100% clean. It just can't happen in this climate with this many people. Disney is not perfect, I see stuff wrong all the time there too (Small World's inside paint job drives me CRAZY). But saying Disney is worse is just not always an accurate statement, nor is it a statement that should be made. I agree with Tyler, if you want Uni to improve and be the go to park for as many people as possible they need to do their own thing and they need to fix the things that are wrong in their park. Who cares what the mousehouse down the street is doing.

Reactions: natespf

You never see puddles? The draning system for the fire hydrant isn't taking up all the excess water since day 1.

jqN54tiyINRj.JPG

From Yesterday...

jbpRdiZLHKGav7.JPG

jHKdXhUZgSXm8.JPG

jHtkKnip9ojiC.JPG

Last edited:
Izzy: The indigenous wildlife is definitely a challenge and USF (Mummy smoking area) is the only place I have ever seen a rat in Florida. I have seen the creepy crawlies pretty much at every park though.

Mike: You missed a word. Not seeing puddles in Florida would be a near impossible feat. I stated puddles of vomit. I do agree with some of the pictures that you have taken where things are a little bit more beat up than they should be. That picture of Green Eggs & Ham is a pretty good analogy for the story of that "restaurant" though.

Last edited:
You missed a word. Not seeing puddles in Florida would be a near impossible feat. I stated puddles of vomit.

I've never see puddles of vomit in any Orlando park. And I would imagine it would be cleaned up in less than 2 minutes if so.

What universal has there is a creek running through Springfield, poor planning.

Last edited: