Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Confisco Grille

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Surprised in our 12 years, no thread has been made about it.

Either way, Confisco Grille at Universal’s Islands of Adventure has a new menu featuring a variety of dishes inspired by flavors from across the globe.

First Mythos, now Confisco. My guess is Lombard's and Finn's will be next. As long as they keep the Scotch Eggs, Potato Leek Soup, and Potato Onion Webb I will be happy.
Finnegan's likely won't get touched. It's menu is unique and appropriate as it is now. And they've had an executive chef there for years (maybe always, but definitely last 5).

Good to see the food diversification at the sit downs again. The past few years they were getting to the point they had about the same stuff at all the sit downs, just changing the names around a bit. It was nice to see Mythos returning to their own specialized menu. For a while it seemed like the burger/chicken fingers/french fries crowd crying that's what their kids wanted, was winning out. Begone boring food demons!!!

They must be really proud of their Pork Belly Banh Mi trying to charge you $19 for that thing. Doesn't seem in-line with the rest of their pricing.

I mean, a pulled pork sandwich is about $15. A better cut of the pork should cost more.

I guess I'd have to see how much meat they put in it. Banh mi's aren't usually piled high like a pulled pork sandwich. As someone who's Vietnamese, I just found it odd something like that would be priced higher than most of the menu's other offerings including their entrees. Even for a CityWalk restaurant.

Finnegan's likely won't get touched. It's menu is unique and appropriate as it is now. And they've had an executive chef there for years (maybe always, but definitely last 5).
They dropped my go to steak salad last go round. They do change the offerings

I would hope they cut down on the generic burger QS places. I know most guests just want that stuff, but both parks are overstuffed with
I think their strategy is changing a bit to the QS places being burgers and fries and the sit down places having more unique offerings.

I suppose their line of thinking is that people who are taking time to sit down for a meal are ok with more unique offerings.

Then there's CityWalk that needs to absorb the exiting crowds who are hungry as well as be unique haha

I wouldn't be surprised to see further changes and better definition of the dining categories. With the added hotel rooms and eventual addition of EU, I'd guess they'll upgrade to a dining plan more like Disney's with highly defined quick serve/casual sit-down/signature dining price points and varieties. They'll want to elevate the experience to create the perceived value like Disney does. As long as they don't inflate prices the same way Disney does, I'm OK with it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see further changes and better definition of the dining categories. With the added hotel rooms and eventual addition of EU, I'd guess they'll upgrade to a dining plan more like Disney's with highly defined quick serve/casual sit-down/signature dining price points and varieties. They'll want to elevate the experience to create the perceived value like Disney does. As long as they don't inflate prices the same way Disney does, I'm OK with it.

a dining plan like Disney’s will lead to price inflation. It would be such a detriment to how enjoyable these parks are

I think their strategy is changing a bit to the QS places being burgers and fries and the sit down places having more unique offerings.

Huh? Every Counter Service addition in the past seven years or so has moved away from burgers and fries. Leaky, Today, Monsters, vegan additions, etc.