Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Console Gaming (General)

They mentioned when this came, that they have plans for other means. I think this signals that for the time at-least, that Sony is wanting to focus on the last stretch of major first party of the PS4, with preparing for the PS5's launch.

That said, it leaves Death Stranding, The Last of Us and Tsushima all left for the PS4 as of now. That's a hell of a finisher..

I mean, with Tokyo Games Show and Gamescom presumably bringing in more attendance, why not try to promote Sony at two big international spots? And that's not to say they may not have something planned for before E3, see EAPlay for example. It would just likely mean, that they will not take part in the larger picture of the con. Reminds me..strangely, of Nintendo and E3 for 2016, but on a different level.

I mean, with Tokyo Games Show and Gamescom presumably bringing in more attendance, why not try to promote Sony at two big international spots? And that's not to say they may not have something planned for before E3, see EAPlay for example. It would just likely mean, that they will not take part in the larger picture of the con. Reminds me..strangely, of Nintendo and E3 for 2016, but on a different level.
Except Sony won’t even be on the show floor. It’s weird as heck. Someone pointed out how next year is PlayStation’s 25th anniversary so maybe they’re doing something for that.

Why bother renting out space at E3 when you can get the same amount of exposure releasing trailers on YouTube.

E3 is a dinosaur as-is.
Big events/conventions are still exciting though. It’s also fun to see audiences react to announcements. Sometimes I imagine how cool it would’ve been to see a whole auditorium go nuts for the Metroid Prime 4 announcement with Reggie standing and smiling on stage.

Big events/conventions are still exciting though. It’s also fun to see audiences react to announcements. Sometimes I imagine how cool it would’ve been to see a whole auditorium go nuts for the Metroid Prime 4 announcement with Reggie standing and smiling on stage.

But none of that matters. People aren’t going to buy more copies of a game because people cheered in an auditorium

But none of that matters. People aren’t going to buy more copies of a game because people cheered in an auditorium
Well, yeah, but it’s about showing fans appreciation too and then in turn, you can give them a hands on demo to certain products, which makes them more likely to spend money.

That’s really what conventions are all about is fan appreciation. It may not show up on a spreadsheet, but it helps build brand loyalty if people get an experience they won’t forget.

Perhaps though, they may be looking to more or less...just reduce costs, and while maybe have something during or before E3, not to be the scale of a video theater event? I would think, they are looking at how Nintendo has done the directs through the past few years, as a way to channel to their audiences, both casual and hardcore; to know what's coming to the 3DS and Switch.

Perhap's Sony is looking to do something similar, to compete against their Japanese rival?

See or release? A 2020 release doesn’t really negate a 2019 unveil. Just seems strange for them to abandon E3.

I see them echoing the PS4 cycle: announce in Spring, reveal more in summer, launch in the fall.

Why bother renting out space at E3 when you can get the same amount of exposure releasing trailers on YouTube.

E3 is a dinosaur as-is.

I’m more surprised they’re totally abandoning their press conference time slot.