Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Copper Creek Villas & Cabins - Wilderness Lodge DVC Expansion

Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Name for the new Wilderness Lodge DVC (and yes, it is a separate DVC contract from the existing one) will be Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The old DVC will change names to Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Celebration, Fla. (May 19, 2016) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced the name for its new development currently under construction at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The proposed 14th Disney Vacation Club Resort will be known as Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

As part of this transition, the original Disney Vacation Club property at the resort – The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – will be renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Both Copper Creek Villas & Cabins and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will feature unique new details that further explore the rich storyline of Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Disney Vacation Club debuted in October 1991 with a flexible, vacation point-based model rather than the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Since its inception 25 years ago, Disney Vacation Club has grown to include member families from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries.

Disney Vacation Club members are able to choose from a variety of vacation destinations, including a stay at any Disney Vacation Club Resort or at thousands of other resort destinations around the world. When they purchase directly from Disney, members also can take trips on one of the Disney Cruise Line ships or guided vacations with Adventures by Disney using their membership. Additionally, vacations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort can last from one night to several weeks.

Name of new Wilderness Lodge DVC confirmed; existing units renamed - DVCNews.com - The essential Disney Vacation Club resource! | DVCNews.com - The essential Disney Vacation Club resource!

Last edited:
Shame they didn't put out any artwork or more details about changes to the property.

Name for the new Wilderness Lodge DVC (and yes, it is a separate DVC contract from the existing one) will be Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The old DVC will change names to Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Celebration, Fla. (May 19, 2016) – Today, Disney Vacation Club announced the name for its new development currently under construction at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. The proposed 14th Disney Vacation Club Resort will be known as Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

As part of this transition, the original Disney Vacation Club property at the resort – The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – will be renamed Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Both Copper Creek Villas & Cabins and Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will feature unique new details that further explore the rich storyline of Disney's Wilderness Lodge.

Disney Vacation Club debuted in October 1991 with a flexible, vacation point-based model rather than the traditional fixed-week timeshare model. Since its inception 25 years ago, Disney Vacation Club has grown to include member families from all 50 states and approximately 100 countries.

Disney Vacation Club members are able to choose from a variety of vacation destinations, including a stay at any Disney Vacation Club Resort or at thousands of other resort destinations around the world. When they purchase directly from Disney, members also can take trips on one of the Disney Cruise Line ships or guided vacations with Adventures by Disney using their membership. Additionally, vacations at a Disney Vacation Club Resort can last from one night to several weeks.

Name of new Wilderness Lodge DVC confirmed; existing units renamed - DVCNews.com - The essential Disney Vacation Club resource! | DVCNews.com - The essential Disney Vacation Club resource!

Question. I have been reading that parts of the actual Wilderness Lodge were converted to DVC in addition to the new cabins and the previous WL Villas building. Do you know where they effected this change? Was it a particular wing or floor? I have been unsuccessful in finding this information.

Yeah, the building closest to DVC was converted. The building nearer to the boat dock is still regular hotel rooms.

Yeah, it was the wing adjacent to the existing DVC wing.

Thank you very much. I love that hotel and it will be interesting to see the changes. I haven't stayed in the Villas before and so the DVC wing/villas will be considered.

Not the cabins, though. One night would consume more than I want to pay for a week. Sheesh.

Just on a side note. The new bar on the lake there is stunning but.......

We only just managed to get a seat at the bar, the rest of the place was full. Once the new wings and lake side villas open up you won't get a seat there for love nor money.

Just on a side note. The new bar on the lake there is stunning but.......

We only just managed to get a seat at the bar, the rest of the place was full. Once the new wings and lake side villas open up you won't get a seat there for love nor money.
A lot of this is because they just closed the pool bar and the quick serve in the main building (Roaring Fork) for refurbishment. Once that place reopens, it shouldn't be as overcrowded.

A lot of this is because they just closed the pool bar and the quick serve in the main building (Roaring Fork) for refurbishment. Once that place reopens, it shouldn't be as overcrowded.

Granted, but I still question the amount of seats in the place.

Thank you very much. I love that hotel and it will be interesting to see the changes. I haven't stayed in the Villas before and so the DVC wing/villas will be considered.

Not the cabins, though. One night would consume more than I want to pay for a week. Sheesh.
I'd probably try for the original DVC wing if you can, it's a very lovely building with nice units.

Why in god's green earth would someone buy direct for over 160 a point? Just so you get fleeced on poits when you use them for cruises and adventures? The 11 month window? seems that buying resale, take your chances on the 7 month window for places other than your home resort and getting enough points to rent to cover costs and recoup your purchase price is a better deal.

Why in god's green earth would someone buy direct for over 160 a point? Just so you get fleeced on poits when you use them for cruises and adventures? The 11 month window? seems that buying resale, take your chances on the 7 month window for places other than your home resort and getting enough points to rent to cover costs and recoup your purchase price is a better deal.
The catch is that Disney is stripping more and more benefits away from people who don't buy direct. Like, for example, I don't think you can book the cool after hours parties at the parks they've been doing the past couple of years.

The catch is that Disney is stripping more and more benefits away from people who don't buy direct. Like, for example, I don't think you can book the cool after hours parties at the parks they've been doing the past couple of years.
Yeah, the 11 months is really worthless except at select resorts. My parents own at Saratoga (bought in when it was still fairly cheap) and we were able to get into Grand Californian at 7 months two summers in a row. Granted it takes some daily website stalking to see if someone cancelled, but it's better than paying an obscene amount extra just for first booking rights.

But as you are saying, Disney is extremely restricting those who don't buy through Disney direct and the benefits that they get, so you have to choose. My suggestion is always to buy at one of the cheaper resorts like Saratoga or Vero Beach if you're going to buy through Disney because those are much cheaper and the 11 months don't matter much.

I don't even think Saratoga is that cheap anymore. I was thinking of buying some resale points and supplementing that with a small direct contract for the benefits.

Yeah, the 11 months is really worthless except at select resorts. My parents own at Saratoga (bought in when it was still fairly cheap) and we were able to get into Grand Californian at 7 months two summers in a row. Granted it takes some daily website stalking to see if someone cancelled, but it's better than paying an obscene amount extra just for first booking rights.

But as you are saying, Disney is extremely restricting those who don't buy through Disney direct and the benefits that they get, so you have to choose. My suggestion is always to buy at one of the cheaper resorts like Saratoga or Vero Beach if you're going to buy through Disney because those are much cheaper and the 11 months don't matter much.
Is Vero Beach really still available???

Is Vero Beach really still available???
Technically all DVC resorts are available at some point or another.

Even after a DVC resort sells out, people inevitably sell back to Disney and what do you think Disney then does with those available points they just got back? They sell them again.