Country Bear Changes | Inside Universal Forums

Country Bear Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
From Screamscape:

we’ve heard a rumor that the pending 8 week closure of the Country Bears show will result in a slightly shorter show running once it reopens again. Little things here and there may be cut to tighten up the show a bit, but the biggest change is said to be the cutting of the entire Big Al singing segment, which would also result in a changed finale as well.

If parents are throwing a fit because of the lyrics of "Blood on the Saddle"......

50 years ago, we couldn't show a couple in the same bed. Now we can get all the T&A, but heaven forbid the word "blood" pops up.

I hadn't heard a thing about Big Al leaving... I thought the cut song was to be "Don't Whoop Little Bufford" (spell check?) with Wendell and Henry. That way, no characters would be lost (Wendell still has his other earlier appearance). Honestly, if we're going to go PC on the show, a LOT of stuff would have to be cut... Trixie, Teddy Bara, Big Al, the Little Bufford #, the Sun Bonnets... all risque to a certain extent. Honestly, the show still (somehow) gets a great response from audiences, at least when I saw it. No need to cut a second.

^ I am sure it is a must see for first time visitors and those that visit every 3-5 years.

I just meant I think the shows attendance is probably mostly made up of fans of the show. And I'd be surprised that someone could be offended enough to go through the effort of complaining about something like this.

Yea, I went a couple of days ago and the theatre was quite full. Most seemed to really enjoy the Big Al scene. It's really frustrating to see this getting dumbed down.